"but i love it"

"Woah it's the North Stars!" somebody behind me whispered.

I looked around the biggest hockey rink I had ever been in. Coach had decided to take us to the North Stars home rink for a playoffs present. I was really starting to like this guy.

The team continued to chatter for a few more minutes watching everything. Adam leaned over and poked me.

"Hey Ella look at that!" He pointed and my eyes followed his finger to two of the players walking towards our group. I gasped when I saw who it was.

"Hey Gordo. Gordan Bombay right?"

"You remember me?" Coach asked. Wait what? These North Star players knew our coach?

"Yeah from pee-wees. This guy used to rule in pee-wees."

"Oh yeah?" The other guy said. "I heard you were a farmer." I laughed at that one.

Coach explained that he was a lawyer. "And now I'm coaching pee-wee and this is my team the Ducks. Ducks this is Basil McCrae and Mike Modano."

"We can see that."

"Duh!"

"Oh really?"

"Alright alright." Coach rolled his eyes and shushed us.

"Hey Ducks listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about." Then Basil told Coach that if he ever wanted a shot in the minor leagues he could get him a tryout.

"Gee thanks."

"No problem." The two then waved goodbye and the team stared wide eyed after them.

"Alright let's have some fun!"

We all excitedly skated onto the ice together. I found Connie and we talked for a bit. I saw Guy mouthing something to me about Connie so I nodded and told her I had to go talk to someone else. I didn't really have to but I knew Guy wanted to spend some time with Connie. He really did like her.

I watched as Coach and his limo driver ran into each other. They both fell over and Coach laughed harder then I'd ever seen him laugh. I couldn't help but smile.

Something brushed up against my hand and I turned my head to reveal a guilty looking Adam. "Hi Ella." He said in a squeaky nervous sounding voice.

"Adam you are so awkward." He looked down. "But I love it." I then grabbed his hand and squeezed it, knowing that's what he had been trying to do before.

We skated around the rink for a little while like that making many team members raise their eyebrows. Afterwards the team had a competition trying to see who could slide the farthest on their stomachs. Adam was really good but I on the other hand was not.

Luckily the team wanted to see Tammy and me show off some figure skating tricks. Something I was actually good at. We both took turns spinning for as long as we could and soon everyone wanted to learn how. Let's just say its good that we're a hockey team and not figure skating.

About a hour later we sat down to watch the game. It was around 5 minutes into the game when a message that read "Welcome Gordon Bombay and the Ducks!" appeared on the big screen. The team went wild cheering. Adam grabbed my hand again and I didn't try to stop him. Connie looked over at me and smirked. I did the same back when I saw her and Guy doing the exact thing.

Then I saw something that made my stomach churn. McGill and Larson our old Hawk teammates were staring right at Adam and me with ugly smiles painted on their faces. I tried to hide my face and prayed that Adam wouldn't notice them. No such luck.

Adam quickly tensed up and let go of my hand. I gritted my teeth together before Mcgill made a gun shape with his hand and pretended to shoot us. Adam tried to get up but I pushed him back down. "Don't." I said giving him a look. He took a deep breath and sunk down into his seat.

Leave it to Mcgill and Larson to ruin a good time.

_

The rest of the game was fun but I was glad when it was over. "Hey Adam I'm gonna go to the bathroom but I'll meet you in the lobby." He nodded and I headed off.

I was just drying my hands when Connie ran in with a panic stricken look on her face. "Ella you need to come see this now!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me all the way outside into the cold winter air. "Connie what is go-" I stopped mid sentence when Adam, Mcgill, and Larson all came into view. Fighting of course.

"Guys stop!" I rushed over standing behind Adam. They continued to yell nonsense at each other. I was starting to get scared. I had never seen Adam like this before. "Adam their not worth it!" McGill threw some other stupid insult and I was ready to scream. "Are you serious right no-"

Suddenly Adam did something I never expected. He turned around and shoved me. I fell backward with such force I could swear I heard my own head hit the ice cold pavement.

I laid there looking up at the sky, everything slowly getting fuzzy. I blinked a few times trying as hard as I could to stay conscious. "Ella!" is the last thing I remember hearing before the world turned black. I don't even know who said it.

_

What's up y'all! I sincerely apologize for not updating in so long! I've been super busy lately with vacation and play performances. And so yes I obviously changed the ending to that part a lot but I actually like the change. Remember to please vote and comment because I really appreciate it and it motivates me to update faster. PEACE!