01

Liam

I looked out the dirty window and sighed. The street was disgusting. Trash. Broken bottles. Potholes at every 5 feet. 

And the houses looked worse. Is it even legal to live like this? These houses should be condemned. 

I live in the area that no one would ever even step foot in. I go to bed hungry almost every night. Sometimes I end up sleeping in the same room with people I've never seen in my life.

And no one knows. 

I just want to have a normal life. I go to school and see everyone taking what they have for granted.

They have everything and I have nothing. 

After getting off of the disgusting city bus, I kicked a rock that landed in a dead patch of grass. Rolling my eyes, I started walking a little faster towards my house.

I got out of school late because we ended up on lock down.

There's certain points during the day that you don't want to be outside in this type of neighborhood. 

I got to my rundown house and unlocked the door.

"Liam? Is that you?" my mom said, sounding concerned.

"Yes mom!"

"Oh.. thank goodness. We were so worried about you." My dad said, the both of them walking towards me.

They both hugged me.

After all that, I went upstairs and flopped onto my mattress. 

I need sleep.

I hate my life so much.