A Boy, the Train, and a Rude Hat

The young brunette walked with her cart. Her parents left her, telling her to ram through the wall between nine and ten. As she walked a boy with a pair of round glasses looked around confused. "Excuse me, are you looking for nine and three-quarters?" The boy's emerald green eyes sparkled with hope.

"Yes!" I nodded. "My parents gave me directions before they dropped me off, they're very busy. We just need to ram into a wall between nine and ten, weird and silly I know - but this is magic we're learning." We went to there and I saw the Weasley's there. We walk up and Harry speaks to them and Mrs. Weasley explained which wall we need to ram into and introduced us to her son, Ron.

We ram ourselves into it and I ask Harry "Have you thought of which house you'd be sorted into, Harry?" We were putting our stuff up like a few others. "No, which one do you think is the best?" I giggled. "Harry, there is no better house. Each house has certain traits that honestly I think are important. Honestly though, I'd rather be in Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Of course many hate me for wanting to be in Slytherin-" We were trying to find an empty compartment when he interjected. "Why? What's so bad about Slytherin?" I smiled. "Well, many consider it a dark house. I really hate when people say that about an honorable house. It's for the cunning, ambitious, resourceful, and determined. I don't care if Voldemort was in that house, only idiots let that ruin the good name of them." He looked at me strangely. "What?" He looked down. "Sorry, it's just...everyone I've met so far has trembled at his name-no, they don't even say it, but I understand what you mean. I guess it is a ridiculous thing to do." I smiled. "Thank you for agreeing with me and if someone says otherwise, remind them that Gryffindors are known for their recklessness, Ravenclaws being little know it alls, and Hufflepuffs being pansies. Now, would most disagree wouldn't they? Also, they fear a name. We wouldn't know the truth, by the way...I never asked your name?"

"Harry Potter."

Now that took me a second to register. Then I smiled. "Well Harry, my name is Cecilia Mors." We found a compartment and sat down. After that we spoke a little. Then the young Weasley asked if he could sit with us, saying no one else would let him. "Sure." Harry said. He held his hand out to me and I shook it then he shook Harry's hand. "Ron Weasley." I nodded. "Cecilia Mors." His eyes glint at 'Mors'. Probably not a bad thing. Mors family is known in this century for their charity and well mannered charisma, as well with their richly pure blood. Then Harry introduced himself and Ron asked asked about the scar. Harry revealed it, revealing a lightning bolt. "Ron, I asked Harry earlier so I'll ask you, what house do you hope to be sorted in?" He wasn't at all hesitant. "Gryffindor." I smiled. "So The house for the brave and nerve? It is an honorable house." I giggled at his reaction. "Sorry, for my vocabulary, mum drilled my manners skin deep in me. I don't really mind what house I am sorted in but my preference is for the house of intellect or the determined. I could care less about the rumors following both." He nodded. "I don't really know which house I want to be in, it's a little confusing..." I giggled again. "And that's why the hat exists. So we are sorted among our house without confusion." They looked at me weirdly but then Ron looked like he remembered something "Oh yea, the hat. My brothers told me about it. Even tho the twins said something about a troll... Apparently it sings?"

I let out another giggle. Geez,  I'm giggly today. "Yes, I read about him in my family library. The hat is specifically made for the sorting. Alastor is his name. He was created by the founders before Salazar Slytherin proclaimed 'mudbloods must not come to Hogwarts' and all that. I think they were messing with you." Ron raised his eyebrow. "What? It's true. Sadly most purebloods except the light or grey families took that seriously and...there's a prejudice against muggleborns." Harry got back in the conversation. "What's a muggleborn?" Ron took this one. "A muggleborn is someone with no magical background, like their parents are muggles." I shook my head. "It's not 'like', their parents are not magical at all. Honestly they should be integrated in a more sufficient way. For example, Mors and Weasley are pureblood families. Both are not related to any muggles after the first four generations of Witches and Wizards. Until you were born, Potter was also a pureblood family. Harry you're what we would call a halfblood. Your mother, Lily Evans, is known to be the smartest witch of her time. She was a muggleborn. Your father on the other hand, was a great seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Actually, being great at Quidditch is a common trait in your father's family." He then asked "How do you know so much about my parents?" "How could I not? My mum would spout endlessly how great your father was at Quidditch and how great your mother was. She was surprised a muggleborn could achieve such an honor, considering how left behind muggleborns are in magical study." Harry nodded.