"You're pregnant?"

[Set during the last two episodes of Season 4, although no spoilers are actually in here]

"Fitz, there's something I need to talk to about."
He looked up as Jemma entered the room, his eyes red and swollen from crying. The look of alarm that her announcement brought to his face made her instantly regret saying anything.
"You know what, nevermind." She shook her head with sympathy. "You have enough to deal with at the moment. This can wait."
Fitz's eyes were still bugged wide open. "No-no-no, Jemma what is it? You have to tell me."
She sighed, planting her hands on her hips and pursing her mouth. "Fitz, I'm not going to tell you right now."
His eyes flicked around, searching, racking his brain for the worst scenarios. "Are you sick?" He stepped toward her, grasping her hand tenderly. "Jemma you aren't sick?" He begged her not to be.
"No, Fitz, I'm just fine." She rubbed his shoulder softly. "And like I said already, I'm not going to tell you just now."
He clung to her hand, eyes begging for an answer. Panic swept over his face. "My mum!" He cried. "Please tell me she's alright."
Jemma sighed again. "Fitz, your mother is fine too. Just let it be. I'll tell you when you're ready."
Fitz brought his hand to his head now, raking it through his hair and over his face. As his palm smoothed over his chin, his eyes flashed again at Jemma. They flickered down for a moment then back up at her face, wide and alert.
"Oh, god. You're pregnant?" He exclaimed breathlessly.
Jemma scrunched her eyebrows like he was out of his mind and her arms flew up in the air, exasperated. "Lord, Fitz. I am not--"
"Because if you--if you are, I'm here you know. You're not alone, I'm--" He choked out words as fast as he could.
"Fitz, I am not!" She put both hands solidly on his shoulders, forcing his arms to relax and him to look her in the eyes. Of course she wasn't. "But maybe I should be if that's the only thing that will get you to be here with me." She spat out her words, and Leo's eyes froze open wide with fear. Instantly she wanted to swallow them back, but more came spouting out. "If that's what you want, and if that's what will bring you back to me, then yes, I sure am pregnant."
A loud thud whipped Jemma out of her lecture, and she spun around to see Daisy just outside the doorway, a stack of binders now splayed out at her feet. Her jaw hung open, as did Fitz's.
Immediately, Daisy broke out in a grin and embraced Jemma.
"Oh my god, congratulations!" She exclaimed, looking Jemma wildly in the face.
Jemma was wide eyed with shock at this sudden appearance. "I'm not--" She tried to choke out, but Daisy was preoccupied with her wonder now and wasn't listening.
"A baby for FitzSimmons! Oh man, I've got to tell the others!" She spun around with glee before Jemma could get another word out.
Jemma brought her hands to her head in disbelief, then let them fly through the air, landing heavily at her sides. "Bloody hell." Her exasperation obvious in her tone, she shook her head, teeth gritted together in a look of regret.
"Well..." Fitz blew out a breath. "You sure you're not pregnant? 'Cause now everyone is going to think you are."
Jemma rolled her eyes and heaved a sigh, turning on her heel and walking purposefully away from him.