Welcome to the showdown

"This isn't happening. By everything that is unholy, this is NOT happening!!"

Restlessly Jack paced around the basement floor of his massive laboratory. Panic graced his ghostly pale features as sparks of terror flashing like warning signs in dark ruby red eyes. Today wasn't his day, but also his day. Sounds confusing but listen. His day had started out normal. Woke up, had a decent breakfast, worked on some latest projects, run after the days latest Wu that became active. Now, this is where everything goes sideways.

For starters, Jack had actually won a showdown and didn't face crushing defeat at the hands of those goodie-two-shoes Xiaolin losers, as he called them.

"Ooh my god!! I can't believe you did that!! Admittedly it was awesome, but still, what were you thinking!?"

Then why the breakdown? Well, it's because of the events that took place after the showdown between his evil idle and secret friend, whom he's been hiding this part of his life from. The very same friend who stood not too far from where the albino genius anxiously paced.

The friend in question casually had their weight shifted to one side, a hand resting on a poked-out hip and a neutral expression on their face. "Now sweetheart, Jackie, listen. Na I said I was rightfully sorry, but you couldn't have expected me to know."

Jack stopped dead in his tracks, full attention now on the older person. "I know I know, but still!! Cookie, CHASE IS GOING TO MURDER ME AFTER HE RECOVERS FROM THAT!!" Following his last statement Jack flung himself onto a cot that rested against a far wall in his lab, in case he was working overtime on a project and couldn't be bothered to walk up two flights of stairs just to get to his bedroom.

"Aww. I feel mighty awful my lil'beignet." Taking long strides over to where Jack was, cookie kneeled next to the cot and ran her fingers through Jack's fiery red locks, massaging his worries away. "Ain't nunin gonna happen to ya, not as long as I'm around. An if, Chase was it? Feels the need to take his anger out on someone, then it should be me. You ain't have a thing to do with what happened."

Jack only groaned at his friend's statement, but turned toward her and pouted. Clearly in a better mood. Kinda. "Just by association, he'll blame me for what happened!! By watching him be humiliated he'll no doubt be angry!! He's gonna feed me to a pack of his cat warriors!!"

Grayish-Brown irises couldn't help but roll. Truly jack was being overdramatic. "na y'all just overreacting."

Without warning the albino genies sat up in the cot, slightly startling Cookie. "Of course I'm going to overreact!! You rode chase's dragon from like a bull in a rodeo show!! An to add insult to injury, you hogged tied him in front of those Xiaolin chumps!!"

"Understandable, but look at it from my side. From my perspective, it looked as though a giant gator was thrashin roun an tryin'a get its teeth in someone, so I did what any trained gator farmer would do. Just didn't expect the gator to actually be an ancient warlord who can magically transform into a dragon." Stated Cookie truthfully.

"Well, yeah but-"

"Ooh, hush darlin. What's done is done. Ain't no use worryin bout it like a long-tailed cat sittin in a rockin chair." fluently she stands, dusting off imaginary dirt from her pants before saying, "it's been a long and confusing day for everybody involved, so why don't you put the magical toys away, I grab us something ta eat and relocate to the living room for a movie. Then tomorrow we go out for a walk, somewhere with lots of shade and you calmly explain to me what all this is."

There was a bit of hesitation on jacks part. This was serious. Lives were at stake! Their lives were at stake! But, reluctantly, Jack agreed. Who knows, maybe they wouldn't be brutally torn limb from limb. The chance of that happening had the same chances as pigs learning to fly. But hey, Cookie was always able to keep that small, almost nonexistent, an annoying sliver of hope he had left inside burning.