Your Smile is a Sight to Behold

(Written in 2017)

Hello everyone! I was gonna put this fic out last month, but honestly, for awhile I just kinda lost interest in finishing it. But I finally I gained back motivation last week and got it done! So, here it is, I hope you all enjoy! :D

I do not own Black Butler or any of it's amazing characters, they are owned by the lovely Yana Toboso.

Warning(s): Mild language, and lots a fluffy fluff towards the end!

The rain hit hard against the windows and roof of the house, thunder crashed loudly and shaked everything in it's wake, as lightning flashed bright in the darkened sky.

Ciel gave a content sigh, leaning back into the soft, firm sofa with one of his favorite novels' from long ago, "A Study in Scarlet".

Ah, yes. Days like these were just perfect for curling up on the sofa and reading a good book, along with listening to the rain and thunder rage outside.

It was actually quite funny and ironic, though, just how much he loved stormy days like this, when as a child he feared them just as much, and maybe even more. Well, after experiencing and seeing many horrific things those hundred-something years ago, nothing really had seemed to phase him. Yes, he still had nightmares and horrible flashbacks back then, but once he became a demon, it's like all those fears just completely disappeared along with the rest of his humanity. He couldn't say he was completely fearless though, the one thing he did fear in the beginning of this change (and sometimes on occasion still), was his once faithful butler -who is now his faithful mate- abandoning him and the contract. But, he's always been proven time and time again, that the older demon would never even think of doing such a thing to his small mate. And though Ciel will never admit it out loud, being reminded of that on an almost daily basis, was actually quite nice.

Having gotten so absorbed in his book, Ciel almost didn't hear the front door being opened, almost.

Ciel tensed, his hands gripped the book tightly, eyes flashing magenta. Sebastian shouldn't be home for at least another hour, so who the hell just opened the front door?

The young demon tried sensing whoever or whatever just came into his home, but couldn't pick up on any sort of presence whatsoever. It was a demon then, no human was capable of masking their aura from what he knew, and he and Sebastian had not come across reapers in centuries. They always kept a low profile when it came to reapers, so it was most definitely a demon, he was sure of it. Silencing his footsteps, and masking his presence to make him seem almost invisible to whatever demon dared to come into his home and onto his property, Ciel made his way slowly down the short maze like hallway that would lead him straight to the front entrance, and the stairs that lead up to the second floor, thinking of different ways to make the demonic creature suffer.

Turning down the right corner of the hall, Ciel stopped dead in his tracks at the sight before him; there stood Sebastian, soaked from head to toe in rain water, with one foot on the the fourth step of the stairs and the other very slowly rising to the next, and a half-opened box placed in his arms.

Well, now he knew why he couldn't sense the bastard, but why was Sebastian concealing himself in the first place? And why had the other demon not yet notice him, was he really that focused on whatever it was that he was trying to get up the stairs without Ciel finding out?

Then he heard it. A soft, almost inaudible mewling came from the box, and now that he was paying close attention, he smelled the strong scent of... cat.

The young demon crossed his arms and unmasked his presence, but let his eyes keep their demonic glow, and snarled out, "Just what in the hell do you think you're doing, Sebastian?"