Fireflies

Purring, the tomcat groomed his mate's thick pelt lovingly. The faint sound of crickets chirping could be heard in the background, the moon smiling down upon the two cats that were hidden within the pasture.

Lynxmask's lips curled into a drowsy smile, turning lazily to his side to face Helleboreshade.

"You're not about to fall asleep on me, are you?" The dilute tortoiseshell asked, chuckling softly.

"Me? Fall asleep on you?" The ashy brown tom asked with an amused purr. "Why I'd never!" He pawed at him.

Helleboreshade laughed softly. "It's not the first time you've gotten close to doing it, you know," He reminded.

"You have no proof!" Lynxmask laughed, pouncing on the taller tom, pinning him down against the grass, fireflies suddenly dispersing.

Helleboreshade was on his back, staring up at Lynxmask. The smaller tom looked down at him with an almost smug smile.

"Pinned 'ya," Lynxmask teased, tail swishing behind him. The tortoiseshell flicked his large ears.

"Don't move," Helleboreshade told him, his tone no longer playful. Lynxmask froze, alarmed at the unexpected change in atmosphere. Suddenly, the ashy tom felt grass scrape against his thick fur, looking up to find himself pinned down by his mate. More fireflies scattered, their amber light glowing. 

"You cheater!" Lynxmask laughed, batting playfully at Helleboreshade.

The taller tom wore a triumphant smile on his lips, flashing his mate a toothy grin. "Thought you could get away with that little stunt, huh?"

Lynxmask's eyes crinkled, before squirming away from him. "Well I just did," He replied smugly, his tail raised and playful. "Bet you can't catch me~." He sang, darting away from his lover. Letting out a loud squeak when Helleboreshade started going after him. More fireflies were put to flight with every leap they took in the field of green.

The lynx resembling cat hid within the taller pasture, hoping to sneak up on Helleboreshade. He crawled across the grass, looking for the tortoiseshell. What he didn't know was Helleboreshade was sneaking up on him, ready to attack. His feet low to the ground, muscles tense and ready to pounce. Lynxmask waited, stepping out of the grass to look around for his mate, no longer hearing his footsteps.

"Hellebore—aGh!" The tomcat had pounced on Lynxmask.

"There you are, Hellebore." Lynxmask purred, flipping onto his back to face his mate. "I was starting to worry something had gotten to you," His eyes were round and glimmering, gazing at Helleboreshade. The tom licked the smaller cat's cheek and forehead, washing away his worry.

"You're so beautiful," Helleboreshade murmured against his fur, noticing his mate's soft glow. "The moon must be envious, you seem to be glowing even brighter under its rays."

Lynxmask blinked, feeling his cheeks heat up. He smiled bashfully. "You've always been one with words," Lynxmask whispered, sitting up.

The dilute tortoiseshell purred, "It's merely honesty," He licked his forehead, laying down on the grass. Lynxmask curled up against him, feeling Helleboreshade wrap his tail around him.

"I love you," Lynxmask whispered, nestling himself against his beloved comfortably. His heart thumping against his ribcage like it did the first time they had confessed to each other.

"I love you too," Helleboreshade grazed his tongue along Lynxmask's ear, voice barely above a whisper.

The two felines shared loving words, trapped in each other's embrace for the night. With purrs and occasional shifting, Lynxmask was beginning to doze off like usual, lulled to sleep by Helleboreshade's radiating heat. Their love was hidden away within the pasture, fireflies still dancing around them.

---
I haven't written in awhile let alone Warriors related stuff so pardon I'm so rusty. I don't like how this turned out but whatever, at least I wrote something ig.