Please

I held my hand out from under my umbrella, smiling slightly at the cold sensation that came with each splash. This was the only little thing I could enjoy for a while, when I'm alone outside. The rain that fell blocked out the sounds of the cars around me, the footsteps of the people walking in front of my house, and the calling of my mother.

"LORALINE!!!" My mother screeched at me from the dry porch, obviously mad at my actions of going outside. She called multiple times before storming out and over at me, whipping me around for me to face her. She was already drenched in water, gripping my wrist tightly. Her face was plastered with a disgusted look. "Loraline Summer Smith! You are so much like your god damn father, ignoring me was such a horrible mistake, young lady! Do you know how many times I called you- you- brat!?" She yelled in my face. I stared back at her looking confused, hurt, and yet empty.

"No ma'am." I responded quietly before she tugged me towards the house, making a mark on my wrist.

~An hour later~

I walked into my room, rubbing my head with my towel. I was wearing an old Dave Bowie tee and some sweats, honestly caring less about the world outside. I sat on my bed and let the towel rest on my shoulders. I was left alone with my thoughts from the last hour. 

Mother was mad, very mad. When we got inside of the house, she started to yell at me telling me how hard she works and how hard it is to support me with food and new clothes. She continued on how I am being selfish and I don't know what it's like to be an 'almost' single mother.

We hardly even buy me anything, anything at all. If anything, she goes out spending her money away like it was nothing and I am stuck with my cousin's old clothes. Also, doesn't father pay child support? It should help me to actually be fed and live healthy. Then maybe I could actually become an idle teen if I had extra money from my job. Maybe I could become a bottled blonde, then maybe I wouldn't feel so...conned. Then, maybe my life would be different.

I slowly lied down and stared at my ceiling fan for what seemed like forever. Then, I calmly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, thinking,"Just sleep. Just dream."

//Alright so there's the first chapter. Hoped you like it and leave a comment down if you want another chapter. I don't know when I'll be updating it so.