PROLOGUE: Memory

I grabbed my mom's hand before she could slap me. Though this was nothing compared to what they have done before, it was my last straw, and I was done. Growing angry, she went to punch me, but I moved her other hand so that it took the blow, and I heard her wrist break. Screaming out in pain, she looked me. "How DARE YOU?!" I heard my Father come down the stairs, and so I ran into the tiny room, locking it from the inside; hearing my mother's shrill voice tell my father that I broke her wrist, I started packing what little I had. I didn't Have much stuff, or that many clothes, so it was easy to pack everything in the small bag I used for school. Lastly I put a wad of Yen bills in my small bag pocket. I was going to use this for school, fearing they would make me drop out, but it should last me two or three months. I could go to Ludin's house as soon as I leave; he's like a big brother to me, and he understands what I'm going through... I sighed. Every time Ludin tried to help me, My parents would deny everything, and everyone would believe them.. Oh well. It doesn't matter now. Soon I'll be far away from these bastards, and everything will be okay... Hiding my bag under my bed, I unlocked to door, and waited for it to open. And it did. Luckily for me, they hadn't tried to come in while it was locked; I would've gotten extra punishment for that. After who knows how long of getting cut slowly, and repeatedly, I finally couldn't bare it anymore, and let tears fall from my eyes. "P-Please st-op..." He grinned at me, and started a new line, pressing down until the wound bled, and then dragged it slowly through the skin of my lower stomach. After another seemingly timeless span of time, he left, and closed the door from the outside. Cleaning up the blood with slow, sore movements, I winced as I cleaned my new cuts, wipping away a few tears. When I was done, I grabbed my bag, and changed into a pair of jeans, and a navy blue T-shirt; putting my other clothes in a separate pocket, I put on the backpack, and tied it's strap around my waist. As soon as I wake up (which was usually before the sun rose) I'll leave. I'll leave tho hell hole behind and... and start over again. I smiled at this thought, and then, for the first time in years, had a peaceful sleep.