FINAL

"So bakit nga biglang ako nainvite mo?"

Trina was eyeing me suspiciously while Sian is just giggling beside me. Napakamot na lang ako sa ulo, forming my explanation in my head.

"Why? We're friends right?"

"Ulul!" she said, smirking. "Bea ditched you right?"

"She's not answering her phone and ayoko naman sya pilitin—

"She's not answering kasi kausap ko sya kagabi, duh." nakairap si Trina sa'kin. I'm starting to ask myself why I invited her. Feeling ko sermon katakot-takot talaga aabutin ko today.

"Thirdy alam mo ang asshole mo rin e no?"

"Trins, medyo foul.." I saw Sian looking at me and I just signaled her to continue driving.

"Wow, suddenly Thirdy alam mo na kung ano yong foul huh? You know what's even more offending ha? It's asking someone for another chance, acting like the two of you are on the same page again, and then suddenly running away for the ninth time! Yon! Yon ang foul, Thirdy!"

I looked outside the window not knowing what to say.

"Sumasakit na talaga ulo ko sa inyong dalawa ni Bea, my gosh. I mean mahal mo sya, mahal ka nya, pero bakit ang hassle nyo pareho?"

"Trins di naman ganun kadali yon—

"Madali lang yon pero ang problema kasi duwag kayo pareho. Specially you." she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "You guys are so lucky, are you even aware of that ha? There are billions of people out there who can't fucking sleep at night because their hearts belong to people who are not willing to accept them. But kayo, you lucky people, how dare you waste chances because of fears? Hindi naman mawawala yung takot eh, kasama sa buhay yon. Pero are you really letting those fears rob you guys the opportunity to love the people who also love you back? C'mon!"

"Trins puso mo.." Sian joked, trying to pacify the woman behind us.

"Hindi Sian eh, these two, super frustrating na. You know that! Like Bea was crying last night because she wants to get mad at this person beside you but she just can't do it because she's deeply inlove with him. Can you imagine how inis I am with them? Like ano ba gusto nyo ba ako na mismo magpakasal sa inyo ha?"

"Trins you sounds like our shippers.." I tried to joke.

"I perfectly understand those shippers, you idiot! How many times I badly wanted to retweet their tweets because they're so on point! Oh my gosh Sian you have to read the replies sa mga tweets ni Bea and Thirdy the shippers are really funny and at the same time gusto ko sila i-hug lahat because the people they chose to ship are very..ugh! Super ewan."

"Wait lang, stop mo muna yang sermon mo we're here na." I told her. I opened the door for her and she just rolled her eyes on me.

"Pasalamat ka pa rin because I'm hungry na but we're not yet done!"

————

"Kuya where are you going?" I saw mama entering my room while I was packing my clothes. I booked a flight this morning to Iloilo without telling anyone.

"Tambaliza.."

"What?"

"Yeah, don't worry I'll be back I just need some fresh air.."

I felt her coming closer, looking at me seriously.

"May problema ka ba?"

"Huh? Wala ma, wala. Namiss ko lang magbeach."