Tell Me A Lie (Harry Styles Fan-Fic)

High school has been nothing but a pain in my butt. I feel like I have no social life, what with doing extra credits, my homework and holding a job I just got this summer. I’m working at a hall being a waitress, taking orders and scrubbing dishes with disgusting leftovers is not my ideal job. But I have to make my parents happy...or at least try. My parents come from this “high class” society or whatever they call it. They are very hard to please, and I mean it. I have been pushed into this “try to be perfect” world and it’s just not me. I’m constantly being told that I’m not good enough; “how come I can’t be just like my brother?” is what they tell me.

My brother is twenty two and he is literally the favourite child. He can get everything he wants because he kisses my mom and dad’s butts to please them. Me being younger, I have the most pressure to be like him when he is the biggest snob I have ever seen. He would go through lengths just to get my ass in trouble so my parents can give me another one of their talks on how I am a disappointment to them and the family name. The only time I actually please them is when I finish all the chores in the house, do as they say, go to extremes just to get what they want, and behave like a good little girl. I’m sick of it, yet I put myself down because of it. Being in my third year of high school doesn’t really help with adding to the stress of my “oh so loving” parents. My family owns companies on the most high end quality designer brands all over England, with the name Rosewood plastered everywhere. Only a given reminder that I am a rich kid. I hate being labelled like that, I just hate rich people and my parents give me a valid reason of that. They are rude and conceded and don’t have real friends because all they care about is their money. I never had real friends; all they wanted to do was get close to me because I was Stephania Rosewood. The only person that wanted to be my friend is Macy.

You have no idea what I have been living with, ever since I was a little girl I was forced into what my parents want, and honestly I feel like I have fucking marionette strings attached to my arms... I never got a say in my own opinion. But if I ever said something like that to my parents, I think I would be disowned.

Although high school isn’t a walk in the park I have Macy that has been there for me. I’m always a straight A student, trying to work my butt off with homework, this job and everything basically. I honestly don’t know why I try, but I do it for what I love to do and that’s dance. It makes me express a whole different side of me and I can let all my feelings out in my routines I make. Doing over time in my job is slowly paying off. Trying to have enough to afford me to go to dance classes with my own money because my parents will never pay that for me. My parents would kill me if they found out. They think it’s not the Rosewood family trait, a waste of time and I’m sure they would faint if they found out I was working like a “normal person”. They think by me getting into the family business is going to make my life better. Being a “normal person” is better than being their personal puppet.

It was finally the end of the day and Macy was meeting me at the front of the school so we can walk home together. Macy is way prettier than me by far. Even her clothes were nicer, well she also has a lot of money as well but spends it like there’s no tomorrow; her blonde hair is straight as an arrow and landed at the bottom of her back. She got all the guys which it’s not like I’m complaining, but she does brag. It get’s annoying but I live with it, her piercing blue eyes are like oceans. She’s slim and fit which I’m obviously jealous of, yet she still calls herself fat. I disagree, although I don’t know why I don’t have the same body since she works with me as a waitress to make some money for a modeling job she wants. I would be shocked if she doesn’t get it.

“Steph, let’s go!” Macy called out as she waved me over to her.

I walked to her with my books in hand and we headed out of the school