Chapter One

Mason's Pov

"Mason, they're coming for us," Chad shouts from the living room. 

"They always are. Your point is what?"

"They know we are here."

"Fantastic."

Shit fuck. The Cops can't possibly know where we are. We just got here. I sit on the couch, turn on the TV, and watch for a few seconds. The god damn police are a whole bunch of fucking control freaks. I hate them so much. All we did was a fucking deal. It isn't even that bad. We didn't blow up the capital or murder the head of our government.

"If you see these four people, please let your authorities know. They are highly dangerous." The news lady states while pointing at pictures of us.

"Chad, get packed up; we're going to Chicago for a little bit," I demand as I throw together a bag of my things, 

"Yes, sir." He replays.

I feel bad for the kid. He just started to feel like a normal kid, and then I wrapped him up in a murder that wasn't even involved with us. This is why I have always hated being in the chem labs of our "business." I hate this runway life. Ugh. I got all packed up and ready to go in like ten minutes. Hey, running away makes your life a thriller. I suppose. I mean, my dad did teach me that.

A few weeks ago, we were in a location, and people thought we murdered someone. By the way, the victim had it coming for him. He was a person who was practically everybody's enemy. Every gang hated the guy. Busted shit all the time. He had comin' to him. It was his fault. All I'm saying, the murder wasn't from us. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time—a little cliche.

Jessica's Pov

"Jess, it's time to get up." My mother yelled.

I rolled over on my cozy warm bed, which has many pillows and blankets on it. The bed is a full-size bed, so more significant than a twin. I opened my eyes, and the sun was peaking through my blinds, which pun intended is blinding me. I have a ceiling fan, and it is on due to the crazy heat in the late nights of Early September. Although it's warm at night, I freeze in the morning. I'm cold. I just don't want to get out of bed. I watched it as the fan spins above me, noticing that you can see each blade at some points. My ceiling also has two lights, plus the ceiling fan has a light. Near one of the windows, there is a small sitting nook. I have a soft pad with a floral design on it, on the hard white wood. The three small pillows are orange and blue, with little designs. There is a hanging light above so you can sit and read a book when it's dark. The one wall is turquoise with a white pattern. Only halfway up the wall, though. The rest of the room is white, and the carpet is a light tan.

My family and I moved into the house when I was five years old. The mansion has many bedrooms and many bathrooms. We have five spare bedrooms. We have lived in the house ever since I moved here. Obviously, I just can't wait to see how I will venture out of this home, like will I stay in the same city or not? I am plenty excited. Plus, this year, I have to think about what I'm going to college.

"I'm up, mom," I mumbled.

"Good." Mom said.

I got off my very, very comfortable bed and simply yawned. I stretched my arms up and walked over to my huge walk-in closet. I rubbed my eyes while I was trying to look through all my clothing to see what I could wear on my first day of Junior Year of high school.

I finally chose a perfect outfit. I found a nice white, thick strapped, crop top and light blue jean shorts. I also grabbed a black belt with a silver buckle. I stood at the vanity in my closet and did my hair. I did it in this beach wave kind of look. I then did a natural tone of makeup. I added a decent eyeliner and some fake lashes. I got my nails done a few days ago, so they are still perfect. A nude pink and a gold for the ring finger. I put on my black apple watch series eight. I threw on a pair of no show socks and a white converse pair. I then slung my Nike backpack over my left shoulder.