Are You Sad? - McLennon

1969

Many times, I've been alone
And many times, I've cried

Paul sang quietly as he was playing the piano.

"Paul?" John walked in the door, head slightly tilted. "Are you sad?"

He looked up, tears streaming down his face. "Yes."

"Oh, no. Talk to me, man." He sat next to him. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," Paul sniffed. He stood up to leave.

"Wait." John grabbed his arm. "Come on, talk to me."

"Leave me be, John." He yanked free, turning to the door.

"Not until you tell me why you're sad." He hugged him from behind, making him stiffen. "Don't make me do something evil."

"Evil?" Paul tried to turn around.

"Yes, evil. Like this!" John dug his hands into his sides with a smirk. "The tickle monster will get you!"

"Eep! John!" He collapsed against his chest in a fit of giggles, squirming around. "No, dohohohon't!"

"Tell me what's wrong and I'll stop!" he sang.

"Nehehever!" Paul finally got free, sticking out his tongue. "Ha!"

"That's better." John hugged him again.

"What?"

"Your smile is back."

"Oh, I guess it is." He was silent for a moment. "The band isn't what it used to be, that's why I was sad."

"Oh, Paulie." He cupped his face. "It's okay, it'll be fine. Right?"

"Right," Paul whispered, even if he didn't fully believe him.

"Good." John suddenly leaned forward, pressing their lips together.

"Wha?!" he gasped, then slowly melted into the kiss. A nagging voice in the back of his mind told him what they were doing was wrong, but he honestly couldn't care less. His lips parted after John bit them gently, and their tongues touched a few times before John gained dominance. They stayed there for what seemed like hours.

"John," Paul gasped as they finally broke apart, weaving his hands into his long hair. Their faces were flushed red as they panted and looked each other in the eye.

"Hmm?" John slowly moved down to his neck, leaving a lovebite.

"Ah! J - John!" He let out an involuntary moan, then they separated. "Holy shit."

"Yeah." He rubbed the back of his head. "That - thag can't happen again."

"I know."

"I'm married."

"I know."

"I'm sorry." John looked like he was about to cry. "I'm really sorry."

"Me too." Paul shook his head as fresh tears gathered in his eyes.

"Hey, hey." He wiped them away with his thumb. "Don't cry, Paulie."

"I can't help it." He grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together. "John, I love you."

"I love you too." John brought him into another kiss.

" John brought him into another kiss