Chapter 3 Sam New Car

Scarlett POV

I caught up with Ron and Sam rather quickly. In order to avoid having to enter the Porsche dealership, I pulled away from them and parked my car. I waited for them to show up at the location where Ron was buying Sam's first car. Ron previously told me that if Sam passed and received the final A he needed, he would trick Sam into thinking he was getting a Porsche for his first car when it was only a prank. I was instructed to wait for him to exit before following them to the real car dealership.

Ron exited the Porsche dealership and proceeded to drive in the right direction. When we arrived, I could see Sam's disapproving expression from a mile away. The dealership where we were getting Sam's first car went by the name of Bobby Bolivia's Car Lot.

I quickly pulled up next to them, parked my car, and opened the back windows so I could leave Snow inside without an issue happening. I dashed over to Sam and Ron.

"Here? No, no, no, what is this? You said- you said half a car, not half a piece of crap, Dad" Sam complained to Ron.

"When I was your age, I'd have been happy with four wheels and an engine" Ron told Sam actually a fair point.

"Okay, let me explain something to you. Okay? You ever see 40-Year-Old Virgin?" Sam start. Soon after that, I rolled my eyes and made a decision to stop listening. I strolled ahead to look at the cars instead.

"Gentlemen. Lady" He said. A black salesman wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a sporty cap was staring back at me when I turned around. He had a really creepy expression on his face.

"Bobby Bolivia, like the country, except without the runs. How can I help you?" Bobby asked, chuckling softly. Once I saw Bobby looking at me as if I were some piece of meat, I hid behind Ron and made an attempt to hide while also trying to ignore him the best I could.

'Tsk, pervert' I thought.

"Well, my son is here... looking to buy his first car" Ron told Bobby, placing his hand on Sam's shoulder, who didn't look too pleased with the idea of getting his first car from this junkyard.

"You come to see me?" Bobby asked placing a hand over his heart.

"I had to" Sam replied honestly. I smiled and rubbed his back, doing my best to make him feel better.

"That practically makes us family. Uncle Bobby B, baby. Uncle Bobby B" Bobby said and shook Sam's hand then my hand.

"Sam. This is my adoptive sister, Scarlett" Sam said telling him both of our names.

"Sam, let me talk to you. Sam, your first enchilada of freedom awaits underneath one of those hoods. Let me tell you something, son. A driver don't pick the car. The car'll pick the driver" Bobby said as he drew Sam close and moved toward the several parked cars lined up everywhere. 

I chose to inspect the cars rather than listen to the rest of Sam and Bobby's conversation. I arrived at a 1967 Chevy Camaro in yellow with black racing stripes. It didn't seem as rusted and unappealing as the other automobiles.

"Hello, beautiful" I greeted the car. I put my hands on the hood and lightly stroked it. It was still warm as if it had just recently been used which meant that it worked.

"Sam! I believe I found your car!" I yelled to attract Sam's full attention.

"Cool. What do you think? Is it in good condition?" He asked, examining the car himself.

"I love it. It's in great condition and gives out an amazing vibe" I commented and climbed into the passenger seat as Sam took the driver's seat.

"This ain't bad. It got racing stripes" Sam told Bobby.