Chapter 4 Lake Party

Scarlett POV

I walked downstairs and saw Sam fully dressed and ready to leave.

"You're attending the lake party?" I asked. He turned around to face me and nodded.

"Of course I am. Now that I have a car. I only need the girl" He responded, giving himself one more look-over in the mirror. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Going to go pick up Miles first thought" He added. I quickly formed a disgusted expression.

"Miles is so annoying. I doubt you ever get a girl to hang out with you with him around" I said.

"I got you to hang out with me, didn't I?" He asked.

"Tsk, yeah, but that's completely different. We were hanging out only as friends. Nothing else" I said.

"Whatever. He's my wingman, Scarlett" He said, going back to check himself out.

"Whatever, I'm going now. See you at the party" I said and waved goodbye. I picked Snow up and walked outside. I already knew Ron didn't like footsteps in his yard, so I went on his path, but Sam didn't and instead walked all over his yard. I overheard Sam and Ron arguing about Sam stepping on Ron's grass rather than the walkway. I ignored them and instead walked to Judy to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye. I see you tonight" I said. Judy nodded with a big smile on her face.

"Be careful out there, sweety. You got your bat?" she asked, and I nodded. Judy smiled and gave me one last hug.

"That's my girl. And if any boy tries anything against your will then you know what to do" Judy said. I nodded.

"Got it. Thanks, Mom" I said, pulling away from the hug.

"I want you two at Eleven o'clock!" Ron said.

"Yeah, all right" Sam said. I only nodded and quickly headed to my parked car that was next to Sam's car.

"Please drive safely!" Mom yelled to us.

"We will! Bye!" I yelled. As soon as Snow was secured, I rushed from my house to the party's location at the lake.

I parked my car and went to where Mikaela was. Snow following me.

"Hi, Scarlett. Hello, Snow" Mikaela said stroking Snow's head. I sat down next to her.

"Hi Mika" I replied. Mikaela and I had a random conversation about school and whether or not we had plans for the coming week. After a while, Mikaela said she wanted to spend time with Trent, her boyfriend. I sighed as I watched her leave. I dislike seeing her with that scumbag.

'I prefer her dating Sammy than Trent anytime' I thought.

Just then, I saw Sam's car pull up with Miles and Sam inside. To protect Sam and Miles in case Trent tried anything, I quickly got from the ground and made sure to take my metal bat with me from my car. I immediately questioned whether Miles had accidentally evolved himself at some point wrong after seeing him jump and begin climbing a tree.

'Seriously, Miles' I thought.

I arrived just as Trent and Sam started talking. For the time being, I kept my distance in case he tried to hurt them.

"You know, I thought I recognized you. You tried out for the football team last year, right?" Trent asked Sam. I chuckled at the clear memory of that day. Let's say that Sam broke a few bones out there, and I had to take him to the hospital soon afterward.

"Oh, no, no, no, that- No. That wasn't like a... real tryout. I was researching a book I was writing" I heard Sam quickly reply, clearly trying to make an excuse for himself, which wasn't really working.