First Encounters❤️

-Johnathan

I wake up feeling refreshed. Back to school after winter vacation and boy I was excited. I missed being around my friends, even the awkward ones. Some people think I'm too nice to be popular but I don't really care. I treat people how I expect to be treated with love and kindness. I don't really know where it came from but it's just who I am.

I hurriedly get dressed as get ready for school and brush my teeth and put on my shoes.  I get downstairs and greet my mom and dad as I head out the door, grabbing an apple.

As I get outside I reach into my backpack and fetch my book. I flip to my last page and begin reading as I walked to school.

Halfway to school, I notice a ginger freckled boy. He's kind of tall, and lanky, but cute.

Cute?

He notices me and he starts immediately panicking, and runs away. I chuckle a bit as I toss my apple in the air, returning to my book. 

I flip the page and I hear a thump from the tree and I immediately turn around to see a shadow behind the tree branch. I could tell it was him by the shadows hair. He looked like he was about ready to fall out. I guess he doesn't want to be seen.

I chuckle again, as I thought as to why he was so shy. I turned back around as I knew the bell would ring soon and I needed to get to my locker.

I toss my apple up in the air two times more before finally preparing to take a bite when the freckled kid is suddenly holding my hand.

He retracts quickly as I look up completely confused and dazed as to what is going on, when he starts circling all around me as if he's chasing something. I try to look at what he's chasing but I cant quite catch a glimpse but it's red, when he catches it behind me and is literally two inches face to face with me. I wonder if he heard cause my heat was pumping fiercely.

People started to notice our interaction and started quickly gathering when he jumped into the trash bin behind him.

I gasp as someone passes by, and I give a subtle wave before looking back to the trash can.

Is he gonna come out.

I ponder a bit longer ready to help when the bell finally rings.

Darn it.

I never made it to my locker.

I walk into school quickly as I'm suddenly tackled my a heart, cuddling up to my face. It's so cute, but where did it come from. I try to get a better look when the ginger burst through the door and gasps as he hurried and tries to grab the heart, but it reaches for my hand as it struggled to be within my grasp.

The ginger looks flustered and embarrassed as the heart has just linked us together. I look towards the looming people and judging faces and I cower into myself not wanting to expose myself as the heart has done to him.

The ginger pulls the heart harder and harder as I see it cracking in two and I grow sad as it breaks and he rushes out the school and I catch the other half, looking up as the door closes. 

School loomed by slowly but I couldn't help but think of the boy, and if he was okay. I took the half broken heart out of my shirt pocket as the bell for lunch had rang.

I look for the ginger for a couple of minutes before spotting him behind the same bush I had saw him earlier. The ginger noticed me and cowers into himself and grows scared as I smile and reach out for him but he retracts.

He looks up at me and I move the half closer as he notices that I'm here for him. He shows the other half broken heart as we push them together and the heart returns back to life.

Ginger smiles up at me and I return it,

"What's your name?" I say leaning back into the tree trunk.

"Sherwin." He replies.

"I'm Jonathan."

I smile to myself before looking over to him to see his shy smile looming up at me, and our hearts beat in perfect sync.

I just loved the 'In a Heartbeat' short film so much that I decided to do one shots on the cute couple. Send me request as well as suggestions for my future oneshots of Sherwin and Johnathan!

P.S I'm still wondering if Jonathan noticed his apple went missing! 😂

-ScorpionKid