Prologue

Hello! So this is the first very small step in my revamp of Child's Play just to hopefully build up some hype and some following! I hate the way I ended this the first time around because it was going no where and it felt like I was writing myself into a hole. I've found a way to make it so much more interesting and I cannot wait to see what you all think about it! Please leave me your thoughts! Thank you so much! :))

"Where is she?" Harry yelled, desperately searching the emergency room for her. His heart pounded as his mind raced through the worst possible scenarios. A doctor held him back, placing heavy hands against his shoulders. Harry pushed against him. "I need to see her." The doctor shook his head. Harry pushed passed him, jogging down halls, following posted signs, praying that he would find her. He could hear people behind him, calling for him to stop. He approached a door, labeled for personnel only and pushed it open.

Behind a glass pane, several people rushed around a sterile room, surrounding a broken body, a broken, beautiful body. He knew it was her. It had to be her.  Her image was imprinted on his mind, her swollen, round stomach bruised and sliced, bleeding profusely. Her face was battered, her full lips broken, her eyes swollen shut behind bruised eyelids, hiding her hazel eyes. He put his hand against the cold glass, wishing that he could go to her, that he could be there for her. He listened closely hearing a slow beeping, watching her heart beat on a monitor as its line slowly flattened out. Harry's heart dropped as he watched the doctors and nurses frantically pull at drawers and machines. He couldn't watch.

He turned around before falling to the floor, pressing his back against cold tiles as tears began streaming down his face. He pulled at his hair, pressing his palms hard into his eyes, trying desperately to deny what was happening.

*

Harry sat in an uncomfortable chair, staring at a blank wall, his face just as blank. A doctor came around the corner, slowly walking toward him.

"Mr. Styles?" She said, clutching a clipboard to her chest. Harry looked up, his bloodshot eyes aching from the fluorescent lights. "She's ready for you." She smiled sympathetically. Harry stood slowly, testing the strength of his legs before following her down a hall he didn't recognize. She knocked on a door before slowly opening it. A nurse stood in the room, a bundle of pink blanket in her arms. Harry stepped slowly toward her as the nurse silently offered him the bundle. He sat in the rocking chair beside the empty cradle before the nurse gently placed the baby into his arms. He felt his heart flutter as the little baby let out a small whimper at the sudden movements but quickly settled into his arms.

"Hello my love." He said, a tear slid down his cheek as he held the baby as close to his chest as possible. The nurse and doctor watched him carefully, allowing him a moment of peace. He looked up at them, the question evident in his sad, green eyes. "How is she?" He asked, his voice weak.

"It's not good news."