"Like a Web, a Really Big One..."

"...Villains on the rise and the cities victimized, looking up with no surprise arriving in the speed of time, ahhhhh ahhhhhhh,  Spectacular, Spectacular, Spider-man..."

             Man, it's been awhile since I've watched this show, like a few years now. I remember jumping around the house pretending to be Spider-man, crawling on the floor, pretending to shoot webs, it was all so... liberating. I can't really explain it in very much detail, but it definitely did feel good, it was probably when I started watching that show when I was younger that I began to dream of ridding the world of evil, but not as a police officer, or detective or anything like that, but as a superhero. After all, they do seem to do better at saving people's lives than any other profession is, even if they do leave the city in ruins afterwards. Of course it would be ridiculous to believe that that would ever actually happen in real life... well that was unti-

*ring ring*

            "Hello?" I asked "Gilbert! I need you to meet me at my house!" Emma told me. She sounds really excited about whatever it is she wants to show me, I wonder what it is. "Alright, what is it that you wanna show me?" I asked her. She told me "I can't explain it right now, just get over here, and you need to get here pronto!!!" "Alright alright, don't yell at me, I can hear you, I'll see you in a bit." *Beep* I wonder what she wants, well whatever it is, it's gotta be at least neat. I wonder if I should bring the "suit", what if something happens while i'm over at her house, I need to be prepared, i'll bring it in my backpack.

          After a lot of walking I finally made it to Emma's house, it was a cool looking house, it was a 2 story house in a nice little suburban area, it's nothing special though, it looks almost identical to every other house on her street, and the streets around her street. *Knock Knock* Emma opened the door with an annoyed look on her face, like she'd been waiting for me for a VERY long time, she was wearing a long shirt with some anime on it, I didn't recognize it, because I don't watch anime, and I don't even know what pants she's wearing, because the shirt was so long.

         "May I come in?" she responded to my question with "Dude, it took you AN HOUR to get here, what took you so long!" I told her "I'm sorry, I live far away from here, remember?" she seemed to have calmed down a bit, and her expression changed from annoyed to a kind of joyful face."Oh right, sorry for freaking out, why don't ya come on in." I walked into the house and she lead me up the stairs to her room, where I immediately noticed long white sheet covering something that I can't even tell the shape of. "What is that?" I asked her curiously, she responded with "Ah, nope, first you have to close your eyes!"

           "Why can't you just sh-" she immediately cut me off and shouted "CLOSE YOUR EYES!" it made me jump how loud and serious she was when she yelled at me, so out of fear of what she'd do to me if I didn't oblige I closed my eyes. As I stare into the back of my eyelids, I hear the sheet being removed quickly, and I also begin to hear shuffling. "Hey, what's going on?" She nonchalantly told me "Nothing!" then after a few short moments she finally told me "Now, open your eyes!"

        I opened my eyes and saw Emma wearing a catsuit with 3 upside down V shapes right in the middle, the top one purple, the middle one blue, and the last one was dark red, the rest of it was all black. She was also wearing a black mask that covered her mouth and nose. "What d'ya think?" I couldn't really tell, but I could guess she was smiling because of her eyes, the way they slanted a bit. "It looks great, what's the occasion?" she looked at me excitedly and giddily told me "Well, you've heard of that one Spider-man guy that's all over the news, right?" Oh no, I what do I say... just play it cool, it'll all be fine... hopefully.

        "Uh, yeah, of course I have, it's crazy right." I said in a nervous manner. She gave a curious look and then went back to her excited tone "Well, I thought if superheroes CAN be real, like the real life Spider-Man, then I can maybe be one too..." She began to fumble with her fingers, to show that she began to believe her idea was dumb or stupid. "Dude, that would be awesome! Being friends with an actual superhero would be amazing, but what're gonna be your superpowers, or your superhero alias?" she gave me a nervous look, and began to glance away from me, losing eye contact with me.