Chapter 35: The Second Encounter

Nicholas' Pov

I looked at Miss Casvielle's shocked expression as she smiles awkwardly at me, trying to comprehend the situation.

"Um, it's a type of relationship where the boy likes the girl and would like her to be his one and only," she said as she blinks a little bit and tried to shake the feeling by fidgeting with her hands. I just stared at her for a bit and asked her a question.

"Are you my girlfriend milady? Can I consider you one?" She quickly shook her head, disapproving. She just kept waving her hands frantically, trying to actually tell me that I really shouldn't.

"You must have taken it the wrong way Nich! A Boyfriend is like a companion of a girl in terms of love interest! You cannot consider me as your girlfriend since I just consider you as a guest. You know, just a citizen," I quickly nodded as I sat there, smiling.

"For a minute there, I thought you were assuming me as an enemy and as a girl."

She quickly laughed and waved her hands like nothing happened. She then opened the door, taking one last glance at me. "If you need me, I'll be downstairs." She then left as she spoke those words. I stood up and walked around the room, pacing back and forth.

Why would my lady lie to me? Have I done something to make her angry?

I could still remember her looking at me with those eyes like she didn't really mean to. Why? Was she angry? Was she surprised? Was she happy?

Did she miss me?

I kept asking myself some questions. Was I really that unimportant? Am I just somebody who just appeared on her life?

I shrugged the thoughts off my mind. I do not need to know the answer. I can't even dare to think the role on her part of life. After all, I did try to make her happy for a week.

Seeing her smile and tears of joy is enough. As long as I'm the one who caused such happiness to that very moment, It's quite fine to me.

I looked around the room and then made a 'tch' sound for a bit. There was nothing too important right now. I sighed and twisted the doorknob then left the room.

I went downstairs and saw Miss Casvielle cooking. I paid no attention whatsoever and bid her goodbye.

There wasn't much trees as before. The leaves were scattered on the dusty ground. It's still winter-ish but leaves still appears on the white snowy day.

I looked around, retracing my steps back to the city. Some of the citizens waved at me, greeted me as well with warm welcomes. I gave them a warm smile as I continued my way to the cafe.

I still have some money left from the adventure that could help me to atleast try to get to know the whole Finland. Of course, that was tough work.

So, I headed over to the first cafe where I saw Anne. After all, that is the first place I went too other than the military base or airspace for the military.

I pushed the door, ringing the bell above over my head. I saw a bunch of people chatting while enjoying themselves with a cup of khavi? Coffee? Tea?

I walked over to the cashier and she greeted me with a warm welcome.

"Good Morning Sir. What shall I serve you today?" She asks me as I look into the menu up above. I gave her a smile as she her smile never faded.

"Just a frappe would be fine for me. Please," I said, looking around the cafe. I haven't really met these people before but it felt like I actually belong.

"Sir, here's your number. Please wait for a while as we prepare your frappe." She then handed me a number and pointed to a table.

I looked at where she was pointing and smiled. I saw Anne, sipping her coffee as she doesn't notice me staring at her. This time, her hair wasn't blonde-ish. It was pink.