I

"The rent can't possibly be that high,", whispered one of their neighbors when they thought Will wasn't listening, grabbing the bills from the letterbox as Tessa and Jem tried, fruitlessly, to catch a Pikachu that had spawned there. He had to do his best not to smile, amused. "I mean, three people should be able to afford rent for at least a two bedroom apartment, right?"

"I mean, I could pay it up all on my own,", the other neighbor replied, and Will hummed to himself. He had no idea why they were waiting around. "Poor things, though, forced to share one bedroom. Must be uncomfortable for her."

Jem, as if sensing Will was starting to have too much fun, snapped his head from the game.

"Will, unless you're stuffing cake on the neighbors' letter boxes again, I hardly see why you should take so long there,", he said, and Will grinned, turning to face his boyfriend. Tessa, as if noticing that they were getting ready to go upstairs, grabbed the groceries from the floor, smiling to them softly as he went over where they were - a simple three step difference. "We already got banned from one building because of that."
"I just wanted to give you a chance to catch that Pikachu, babe,", Will replied, kissing Jem softly for a moment. The neighbors saw, and Will could hear the full stop their heads did.

"But I was sure I saw that one kissing her...?", one of the neighbors said, trying - and failing - to point discreetly at Jem. Oooh, boy. That was going to be fun. "Do you think...?"

"Well, let's go, shall we? Chopped is just about to start.", Tessa suggested, grabbing Will's hand just long enough to put the groceries there, and he laughed. "Also, just so you know, we got that Pikachu for you too."

"Sweet!", Will said as he passed the neighbors, Tessa's hand still on his, warm and comfortable. Oh, that was some interesting fun times ahead, if the way the neighbors looked at them was any way to go. "What do you think is in the basket today? I'm betting on gummy bears."

Tessa and Jem laughed as they made way for the elevator, and Will turned just in time to see the neighbors looking at him. He waved at them, and the two blushed so brightly it'd be like a flame in the dark.

"Stop picking on the neighbors, Will,", Tessa said, still smiling and holding his hand. Jem put a hand on his shoulder.

"Tessa is right, Will,", Jem said, kissing his cheek, and Tessa did the same. "And next time, tell us what you're doing so we can join the fun."

"Mrs. Smith from the apartment in front has been trying to coax from me what's going on, so absolutely sign us up.", Tessa continued, drawing circles with her thumb on his hand.

"Mrs. Smith also tried to tell me to stop practicing, so anything that confuses her is good.", Jem hummed, and Will laughed, feeling himself blush. He was so in love, it was almost sickening.

"Great, we're all on the same page.", Will kissed Jem, and then kissed Tessa. The elevator opened at the same time, revealing one unrelated neighbor. Will smiled to her as the trio left the elevator, and he was sure that one had seen him and Jem on the stairs one night, a few weeks ago. As Jem opened their apartment, Will spoke up once more. "How long do you think we can keep this charade going?"

"I don't know, but I hope it's a long time.". Jem replied, and Tessa nodded, agreeing with him. He kissed her softly, making her giggle for a mere second before becoming serious.

"It's fun. Now come on, Chopped starts at any moment and we've got to put away the groceries,", Tessa urged, making Will laugh again.