Limbs

Honestly, Mercury was tired of being treated like a pawn by Salem. He knew that he was worth so much more. If Cinder hadn't found him that fateful day- he truly doubted he would have anything to do with all that was going on, much less, the fall of Beacon.

"Aren't you tired of it?" He asked his companion, Emerald. They were stretched upon respective beds in the same room. Though the castle was large, the two were forced to share the smallest bedroom in the castle. He felt as if she would understand, even a little bit.

"Tired of what?" She asks, shifting her body to face him as he stared at the ceiling.

"Tired of being treated like a pawn," Mercury sat up, "To Salem, we're nothing."

"Well, I'm not here for Salem. I'm here for Cinder," Emerald tells him.

"Of course, you're here for your queen. She treats us like a slightly stronger pawn," Mercury snaps. He was fed up with everyone at this point.

"Just shut up and go to sleep," Emerald shifted back, and faced away from Mercury.

         Although, he couldn't sleep. He knew how long and hard he had trained, and he absolutely knew he was wasting his time here. He knew his experience and resources could be used for something bigger, something better... Something not here. He simply couldn't let that go to waste. He couldn't allow himself to rot under Salem's rule. He waited for Emerald to fall asleep...

And he left.

          He didn't have a particular destination in mind, but anywhere was better than that dungeon. So, he packed a few things, got his legs and things to help repair them if needed, and he headed out on a completely unknown journey. For the first time in a long time, Mercury felt... free. He didn't have to live by anyone's rules but his own.

That was, until he ended up in Mistral.

           Mercury didn't want to be there, but his rumbling stomach and lack of a plan led him there. His criminal history didn't make it very easy to get around either. However, shockingly, he'd survived a few weeks, stealing a few things here and there to keep himself alive, finding an old tent and making a make shift tent on top of one of Mistral's shorter buildings, He seemed as if he had it made. There was no sign of Emerald, Cinder, or Salem anywhere, and he was thankful. That wasn't who he needed to be worried about, though.

          He was walking through the crowded street and saw a food vendor- the perfect opportunity to fill his hunger. But he wasn't going to pay for it. I mean, come on. This is Mercury Black, of course. As the cook went out the kitchen to give a man with dark hair his noodles and , oddly, beer, Mercury slipped into the kitchen. He saw the cook had made some extra bowls of noodles, and grabbed one quickly. He made his escape as quickly as he could. A few seconds after Mercury left the stand, he heard the food vendor go off.

"Looks like the noodle man discovered his missing bowl," Mercury laughed to himself as he dashed to his small tent.

As Mercury was about to dive into his delectable, freshly stolen meal, he heard a voice from outside his tent.

"You know, last time I checked, theft was illegal." A low-pitched rusty voice said from outside his tent.

Mercury remained silent, he knew giving in would be stupid, so he continued to quietly eat.

"You know, no matter how quiet you are, I still know you're in there."

Yet still, Mercury remained silent.

All of a sudden, a long blade found itself in front of Mercury's face, slicing through the tent.

"Are you gonna come out now, kid?"