Prelude

"NO! NO! NO!"

She shouted in her sleep. Her long dainty fingers were clenching the white duvet in their clutces. She was twisting and turning in her sleep. Her bed was now a mess. Her face had an uneasy and painful expression glued to her milky white face.

  An ominous boom startled Annika out of her abysmal nightmare. Her cheeks were wet and her body was bathed in a cold sweat. The sheets were twisted around her limbs, probably because she was thrashing in her sleep. Her heart pounded against her chest. Annika trembled. The room was entirely dark. No light anywhere. The remnants of her nightmare still clung to her mind, haunting her. Annika had no trouble imagining assassins lurking in the murky darkness of her room. Another flash of lightning illuminated the room in blinding light. Annika let out a frightened cry and buried her face into her pillow. Even her breaths trembled. She swallowed and once again turned to see the endless darkness of her room. She couldn't see anything.  

Every night was same. The same nightmare, the same darkness and the same haunting of the past 200 years danced before her eyes. All the memories of past started dancing in circles around her.

She covered her ears and started howling in pain. She opened her eyes in dark which was reflecting the crimson shine of ruby red garnet  stone. A pair of fangs is illuminating in the moonlight.She opened the window near her bed and jumped out of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How many men were dead last night Mr Mishra?" A man donned in a black suit , sipping his espresso sitting on a table asked his assistant about the details of dead people who are mysteriously and mercilessly murdered last night.

The man was 5'8" tall with a muscular build up.Hair was groomed in perfectly.The most striking feature of his were his blue eyes which can make any girl fall for. Words were less for him to describe, he is a walking disaster for the female population in the town. 

He had a file in hand and was engrossed deeply in it

He had a file in hand and was engrossed deeply in it. He was scanning the pages of the violet file carefully with a serious expression radiating from his face.

"Mishra according to the evidences we get from the murder site, I'm now sure that they were all murdered. It was not a natural death as the forensic reports state it but there is something more involved." Shivaay concluded his theory to his assistant and now had changed his voice to a deeply serious one.

"We need to find her as soon as possible.Start finding her now." His voice roared in the silent cabin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's it?

My first try at vampire story. Hope you loved it.

Jalkukda Season 2 will be out in some hours.