1

As I ride his car through the pitch black that we call night .I thought to myself what have I done, what has he done to me. I'm sitting in my expensive dress makeup smeared from the tears that he caused.

Before I can think a car drives by right in front of me we collide and all I see is white.

A YEAR AGO

I run through our dressing room hoping Alex or Sam don't kill my ass for being late. "Were the fuck have you been. Sam's going to kill you for being late again." Emmyline tells me.
"I know ,I know ." I tell her for the forth time this month I've been late to the club and Alex keeps telling me " if you come late once more I must fire you!" But I know he won't I'm the best dancer at the lagoon strip club. I tell my self as I undress and put on my miss America cowgirl outfit or some shit like that. " he's here, he's here." Nicole yelled at the girls. Nicole had been our oldest dancer even though she's only 28. " What a creep. Isn't it kinda weird that he only comes to your shows." She tells me as all the other girls except me and Emmyline join her all staring at the man that comes in almost everyday. " I guess it could be weird but I mean who wouldn't want to come and see the lagoons best dancer!" Emmyline rolls her eyes. As I put on the finishing touches of this itchy as fuck costume I walk over to see him. I always find my self in a mesmerizing trance as I watch him carefully taking in his green eyes, his pink lips that look soft to the touch a body covered in tattoos that I always found attractive on both sexes but I liked it better on men.

As I stare at him more to find something new about the man that I always see he quickly turns his face in my direction and we lock eyes for a second before I look away. I stare into space trying to recover from what just happened. My heart is pounding my blood rushing. I can remember the night that I first saw him it was almost a month ago I had been working here for two months but it was my second time performing alone , he wasn't like most men that usually stare at my tits or My ass, he looked at my face. Slowly examining it every beauty mark every curve every little wrinkle on my lips.

I'm shooken out of my subconscious by Julia one of the other 12 girls in the room. "Hello earth to cherry! Are you ok what happened out there?" She asked me worries flash on her eyes.
I quickly think of an excuse, " oh that, oh it's nothing sam just gave me a stare for being late." I blurt out to quickly.

Everyone in the rooms stare at me like I've grown two heads, "What its the truth. Fine don't believe me." I tell them. I walk over to my dresser and sit down looking into the mirror.
"I think someone's falling in loooove!!!" Sabrina the third youngest girl here said poking fun at me.
I let out a low giggle as I look at my scar on my side that my ex boyfriend gave me on the worst night of my life and my smile fades as I remember.
" cherry get the FUCK in here!" I didn't want to he had been drinking hard because of  some shit that he wouldn't tell me about. " yes." I said in a low soft voice. " I'm FUCKING STARVING were the FUCK IS DINNER!!!" I shake from the loudness of his voice. " I'm sorry but you didn't give me money to go and bu-" he runs towards me with his pocket knife.
" FUCK YOU!!!" He yells.

I quickly go back to normal but tears fill my eyes as I tell her in a faint whisper " no ,never again ,not after him." I know she knows who I'm talking about because everyone in the room shoots daggers at her.
" I'm sor-" she tries to apologize but I cut her off. " it's ok don't worry it's the past now. Really forget it."I tell her with a smile as fake as her designer bag.
The atmosphere is thick until sam comes in. " let's go ladies get ready, cherry are you ready darling?"
I nod and she notices my face , but doesn't address it.

As I leave the room walking towards the stage I hear sam cussing the girls
out and i let out a low chuckle.