One: Rejection

Firstly, I'd like to thank @Akaashit_Keiji for amazing cover! I love it!

[Name] was lying on the bed and looking at the ceiling, recalling the memories of yesterday.

She knew it would end up like this, and still, she went and did that.

She confessed to Kuroo.

And was rejected.

As his apologising voice echoed in her mind, she turned around and moaned in the pillow, her legs kicking the mattress.

She loved his raven black bedhead, his yellowish eyes made her weak at the knees, and she considered his sly, laid back personality charming.

It was the moment that pushed her to do it. Night, fireworks and the two of them left alone. Did she really believe in a film-like happy ending?

Suddenly, her role of the man's volleyball club's manager seemed a lot more difficult. And it wasn't only Kuroo with whom her relations could change from now on, but the whole team, who saw her wet eyes.

The girl sighed.

She wished tommorow would never come. Her heart still hurt, and the vision of going out of the bed wasn't encouraging at all. Meeting the people who knew her would just be a matter of preseverance before exploding. She could pretend that nothing happened, smile, joke around, talk like always with the team. She believed she would manage to keep it up for an hour or so.

She could endure all that but for one detail - Kuroo.

He was the last person she wanted to see now. Not because she hated him. It was just because she knew she wouldn't be able to stop the tears from flowing from her eyes. The truth was that she rather hated herself for confessing to Kuroo than him for rejecting her and shattering her heart into pieces.

After all, she was the one who let him have it.

With a deep breath, [Name] pulled on the gymnasium's door, ready to receive all the confused gazes of the team members. After all, yesterday was the first time she exposed herself in such a miserable state to them. She was ready for the indulgent smiles, questions and words of consolation. The only thing she wasn't ready to see was Kuroo's apologising face and forced smile. She didn't want to hear the bitter and short "Hello, [Name]" coming from his mouth. Every contact with him would from now on result in pain. But she decided to act like always. She didn't want to lose him because of her stupidity. She didn't want to hurt him nor to make him feel guilty. So to wash down any trace of grief from her face and voice she would choose proper words before saying anything.

She promised that to herself, but still, the vision of Kuroo standing in the gymnasium, looking at her with those yellowish eyes and acting as if nothing happened made her heart clench. But it was too late to move back. She had already opened the door. She will see him in 3... 2... 1...-

Where was he?

"Ah! [Name], good you're here. We were worrying if maybe you felt sick too, we were just about to call you-", a short blonde boy ran up to her, relieve in his voice.

"Oh, hi Yaku. What do you mean "too"?"

"Kenma got a phone call from Kuroo a few minutes ago and he said that he won't come 'cause he's got a temperature. And yesterday Kuroo said that you felt dizzy and went home, so we though that maybe you got a fever too, but it doesn't matter now. Nekomata-sensei wanted to talk to you, so hurry up", he said and smiled.