chapter 1~ "i'm fine"

Angie

"RINGGGGG" Ughhhhh!!! Another day in hell I thought to myself. I hate school so much, the students, the teachers, the only thing that i actually like in school is the fact that I get to see my best friend, Gwen.

After what it seemed like an hour of hitting snooze on my alarm I got up and got dressed into a pair of leggings and a hoodie because I really don't have the time to look good or I just don't care to be honest. I then went downstairs and waited for Gwen to pick me up like she does every morning.

15 minutes later...

"HONKKKK" About time this girl got here. I said bye to my mom and older brother, Sebastian before running out of my house and getting into Gwen's car. I could see her looking at me up and down from the corner of my eye.

"May I help you." I said giving her an attitude.

"It's nothing, I just didn't think you would be wearing that." Gwen said putting her hands up in defense while slowing down at the red light.

"Why wouldn't I? I have no one to impress in that piece of shit people like to call school." I said.

"Oh really?" Gwen said smirking while keeping her eyes on the road. "What about James?" She said laughing at my blushing face.

"He wouldn't like me anyways, ok. Have you seen the girls he dates? They all look like Victoria Secret models and have the IQ of a potato. People like Joey are right about me and it doesn't bother me I just simply agree with them. That's mostly what gets guys' attentions these days...looks. Its just the way it is and there's really nothing we can do about it." I said shrugging my shoulders and looking out the window staring at me school in the distance.

Gwen just stayed quiet the rest of the ride which was only like 5 minutes. But i could tell she was going to talk about it later on.

Once we found a parking space she stopped the car and paused for a second. I knew what was going to happen next and I hated it.

"Look Angie you might not look like the Victorias Secret Models but any guy would be so lucky to have you in his life. You're my best friend and I love you to the moon and back. Please promise you won't listen to what anybody says about you."

"Gwen..."

"Promise me."

"Fine I promise. Thanks G, I love you hoe."

"Love you too bitch. Now let's go before we're late to class." Gwen said while the both of us ran out of the car and into school.

Here's the thing... it's not that I don't appreciate what Gwen does for me. It's just that I don't really need anyone's petty or sympathy. I can take care of myself and I knew the truth as well. And the truth is no one will probably ever think of me as a beautiful or hot person. But I have learned to deal with that and I'm fine with it... I'm fine.

Hii guys. This is my first book and I'm really nervous about it. Big shoutout to sexgodbirlem for helping me so much with this book so go read her books they're amazing!!!!