Chapter 13 The Fight Begins

Scarlett POV

An hour and a half pass since we left the abandon observatory and I was bored out of my mind.

"Optimus" I called.

"Yeah, Sweetspark" He asked and the name made me blush a bit.

"I-I... y-you... you're not going to die, right?" I asked worried.

"If I must sacrifice myself, I will, but only if we are not able to get the cube away from the Decepticons" Optimus stated. I nodded.

"I understand, Optimus. I love you" I said.

"I love you too, Scarlett" Optimus said. It was silent for a couple of seconds until we heard a familiar voice speak up from the radio.

"Oh my, amazing Optimus Prime is in love with Primus' daughter and calling her sweatspark" Jazz's voice came from the radio.

"Hold on, Jazz. How did you hear that?" I questioned.

"Oh, we heard your conversation from just now because Mr. Optimus Prime over here accidentally left his com-link on" He remarked.

"Optimus!" I shouted. His sole response was a small "sorry."

"I see, so the black spot on your neck was what human call a hickey?" Ratchet questioned.

"Hickey!" I let out a cry and glanced at my reflection in the mirror, and there it was. A massive purple and black hickey around my neck.

"You give me a hickey, Optimus Prime!" I shouted.

"How else will I tell everyone that you're mine?" He asked and I blushed horribly with embarrassment.

Ironhide chuckled, "Sheesh, Optimus, I didn't know that you had it on you."

"Ironhide" Optimus growled.

All Ironhide could say was, "Oops, sorry."

I turned away, embarrassed and left them discuss among themselves. Looking ahead on the road, I noticed something I never imagined I would see again. Bee's vehicle was on the road driving with three military vehicles following him.

"I have the cube, Optimus" I heard Bee say on the radio, "Follow me and the ones in back."

"All right. It's good to see you again, Bee" Optimus said to him.

"Yeah, Bee is back!" I let out a really excited yell. Optimus made a hard u-turn that forced me to grip on for dear life as soon as we passed Bee and the other three cars. After observing the other Autobots follow suit, we quickly found ourselves trailing Bee and the military vehicles.

"Bee, is Sam and Mikaela with you?" I asked.

"Of course, Scarly" I heard Sam say, "I'm here."

"Me to" Mikaela added.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I said, "Oh, thank god you three are okay."
At last, we were traveling on a highway when we heard sirens blaring from behind us. I noticed the same police cruiser that had attacked us earlier as I looked out the window.

"Scarlett, I need you to jump to Ironhide's truck" Optimus said.

"Huh, wait why?" I asked.

"I'm going to stop them in order to prevent them from following us. It's alright, don't worry. Now go" He said. I opened the right door of Optimus as he ordered.

I caught Ironhide opening his left door to let me get in. I jumped, landing on the seat. Closing the door, Ironhide accelerated his speed and left Optimus behind.

"He's going to be okay, right?" I enquired.

"Of course, don't worry" Ironhide answered.

I looked out the window and saw a mine sweeper transformed while in motion and came running for us. I watched as Optimus transformed, and once the sweeper tackled him, they began fighting. Afterwards, they fell off the bridge into a different roadway.

I slumped back in my seat, thinking Optimus would be well, and muttered a soft "come back to us safe, Optimus."
Finally, we reached Mission City and brought the cars to a stop. I noticed the air force flying over us as soon as I got out of the car.