Chapter 1. Meet The Family

I walk into the kitchen barefooted grabbing my favorite cereal, Captain Crunch. I look into the bag finding only a little bit left. Hmmmm.... Eat or strave?

My stomach growls loudly causing me to touch my stomach. Well there's my answer.

I grab a bowl and start pouring the cereal. I open a drawer only to find the spoons. I sighed opening another drawer but finding unused water ballons. Gosh this house is so weird. I've only been here for a week and I still don't know the way to my own room. I'm surprised I found the kitchen. This whole adoption thing freaks me out, especially with all the other kids in the house. How can someone make seven kids?

I open another drawer finding the spoons. Yay I can eat...

I start eating the Captain Crunch and I moan quietly. So much better without milk, I thought.

I finish my last bite and hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I look to my right and see Drake wearing his black football team jacket with blues jeans, and white shoes, his brown hair nicely laid out. He goes to the top of the fridge completely ignoring me, and I hear shuffles of boxes being moved around.

"Yo wears the Captain Crunch it was the only cereal we had left," he asks me.

I shrug, "In my stomach."

"You idoit, maybe you should start thinking about other poeple. Yeah so what you've never had a family before, but that doesn't mean you don't have common sense. Mommy taught you that right?"

Anger bursts inside of me as I try to keep my cool. Inhale.... exhale.....

This is Drake, the second oldest and most cocky person you would ever meet. Of course captain of the football team and trys to get all the girls in the school. At least that's what I heard.

I pick up my bowl and go around Drake towards the sink. I drop my bowl and run up the stairs not knowing where I'm going. This is a huge house. My real family never really owned a house. Let's just say Wal-Mart was pertty much my home for a about 4 years until we moved to Target of course. I gotta say.... Target was better. I go up the stairs, turn left and a door opens revealing Karia.

"Ew it's you," she says with a disgusted look on her face. She has a pink blouse on with a cute black skirt, gold accessories, and black shoes.

Meet Karia, daddy's girl. Captain of the cheer squad. Perfect body, perfect hair.... as society would say it. Of course she gets all the boys. She's no different than her brother Drake, but, that doesn't mean they're close. Everybody needs to be like Karia.

She looks at me up and down as if she couldn't believe I was even human.

"Listen sweetie, I don't like you. It's not something you did, it's just you being here just makes everything worse," she says with a sad puppy face.

I roll my eyes. "Is that the same face you use to ask Daddy for money?" I cross my arms mocking her face expression. On cue, I hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"Morning ladies."

"Morning Mr. Jackson," I say with a smile on my face.

"Please Amari, call me dad. Calling me Mr. Jackson makes me feel old," he says with chuckle.

"But you are old silly,"Karia says, twisting her hair with her finger.

Dad chuckles, "Sometimes I feel sorry for you," he says to Karia. Karia gasps and walks back into her room slamming the door. This is Daniel Jackson, or should I say dad. He's the manager for all chic f la's at least in the state of Florida. He's a pretty chill dude.