Disclaimer

None of these are mine, all of these poems are by Edgar Allan Poe.

So in case you haven't heard of him, let me introduce you to Edgar.

Edgar was an American poet, novelist, short story writer, as well as many other things.

Edgar was born January 19, 1809, and he died October 7, 1849.  The death of Poe is unknown, but there are many theories about how he died.

Edgar was the second child to two actors, Eliza Poe (mother) and David Poe Jr. (Father). David abandoned his family in 1810. Eliza died the following year. John and Frances Allan took in Edgar. They never fully adopted him.

After the death of Poe's brother, William's death, Edgar became more earnest to attempt a career in writing.
But before becoming a writer, Poe was in the military so he was able to support himself. Poe was discharged from the army on April 15, 1829.

Poe went back to Baltimore and lived with his aunt and cousins. Which lead to Poe and his cousin Virginia to marry in 1835. Poe was 26 at the time Virginia was 13.

After the death of his wife, he became quite unstable and started drinking heavily in 1847.

2 years later Edgar Allan Poe died. It was said that 4 days before his death he was 'found delirious' in the streets of Baltimore. It is also said that his last words were "Lord help my poor soul." but all medical records were lost.