Introduction

Elizabeth Marano was never one for talking much, it was something Mason appreciated, and something her mother had hated. She never had many friends and the ones she did never stuck around for too long. Elizabeth had a way of being abrasive even when being nice, so she decided to give up on trying to be nice to everyone and was a lot happier now, something her mother would not have been happy about. Something her mother would be proud of was the fact that Elizabeth was making a life for herself and not following her footsteps, marrying a man for convenience and getting a job as a secretary to keep up social appearances. While Elizabeth's mother did end up falling in love with Elizabeth's father, she didn't want her dear Liza to make the same mistakes. She loved her daughter too much for that.
Elizabeth loved her parents dearly, that's why she was so broken when her father died, then her mother the week after. Her father died fighting for his country in a pointless war. Her mother died of grief. Elizabeth swore then to never support a war in her life. It takes too much from people.

°•○●○•°

Elizabeth never planned on becoming an anti war photographers assistant, in fact she had planned to stay as far from the war as possible. But things find a way of happening when you're an 18 year old orphan who needs a way to pay rent.
She met Mason Weaver in DC when a man broke her camera and started screaming about how she was ruining America with her pictures. Elizabeth punched him in the face and picked up the pieces of the camera. Mason and Elizabeth became friends after that. Elizabeth helped Mason with her equipment and Mason helped Elizabeth with, well, everything. Including her temper.
They had just gotten back from Vietnam, taking pictures of the horrors of war. They were developing their photos, getting ready for their interview with the New York Times when they got the call. An uncharted island in the pacific was being explored by some scientists and the military and they needed a photographer. Mason got the same call from two other sources that same day, the story repeated word for word. They were no longer doing the New York Times interview.