Surprise Adoption

Surprise Adoption: Ch.1

I was walking home, the moon hung over the dark city. I swore softly on working much longer than I expected. It was midwinter and my cheeks were tainted red from the stinging wind. I buried my face deeper into my scarf, My messenger bag slung over my shoulder as my phone started to play its song of its people. Sighing I begrudgingly removed their hands from the soft comfort in my jacket sleeve and slumped them over my cell phone. I flipped it and answered, not bothering to check the collar ID.

"Hello-"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" It was my mother. I sighed just loud enough for to hear.

"On my way home, I got off work late." I held the phone a bit further knowing my mothers dynamic voice.

"Bull , SPRINT HOME RIGHT NOW!" I gaped my mouth open and furrowed my brows making a face.

"Mom, I'm like...2 freaking miles from home! I'm not running I'll DIE from it!" I yelled in a complaining manner, pulling the phone away a bit more.

"THAT'S WHY YOU WERE IN TRACK, SOCCER, AND BASKETBALL. I want you here in 20 minutes, love you!" I heard her hang up... A frown filled my face “B..but that was the 7th grade!!”

I flipped my phone shut and shoved it back in my messanger bag. I snuggled myself even deeper into my scarf. The snow crunching under my steps. Until I stopped to hear steps beside me. I jerked backwards, only to see an old lady merely passing by, she gave me a quizzical look and I smiled awkwardly and waved.

I continued walking slightly embarrassed. I walked a good distance before I heard the noise again 'Don't look its just probably another passer by.' The footsteps got louder and more hurriedly. I dropped my previous thought and jerked around my hands ready for a fight.

"Mrooowwww~" I looked down. a small cat was purring on my leg.

"God damn, can I be any more paranoid."I sighed as I got down on my knees and began to pet the snowflake covered cat. Soon enough the cat bit my hand and sprinted off to his home. I stood up gripping my bleeding hand. "Oww!! All I did was love you!” I screamed after it, my face holding its sad expression

"Are you Miss _____?" I turned around with my eyes raised as they met a man in a suit. I looked him up and down.

"Who's asking" I shifted my body back 

"I'm Detective Felix," He flipped his hand in his pocket to reveal a detective and police badge "and I need to to come with me."

At that moment I felt as if i should've listened to my mother in the first place, I was grabbed tightly and thrown into a black car parked near the edge, and fell into a deep slumber---- WRONG. At that point I was freaking out.

"Wait what!? what the did I do! I SWEAR I JUST GOT OFF WORK LIKE 15 MINUTES AGO!!" I backed up even more, Felix put his hands in the air in a Its-okay position, me realizing he seemed to be 18 just like I was.

"Its okay, I just need you to come with me" he spoke motioning to his car which was pretty close by. Something in my mind ticked and I begun to realize this might be a whole scam just to kill/rape me. I nodded and played along.

"okay." He nodded when I spoke and walked to his car, I was following shortly behind him. As soon as he opened the passenger side to let me go in i began my plan.

"Hey wait, can you put that magazine somewhere else in your car, I'm allergic to the chemicals that fall off it." He gave me a look but climbed into the passenger side to retrieve the magazine laying on shift pad. As soon as he was in I kicked his feet in and slammed the passenger door shut then sprinted down the street.

"RUN.RUN.RUN.RUN! OH GOD FUDGE I'M SLOW" I kept telling myself as I then I heard the detective scream.

"HEY GET BACK HERE." I looked over my shoulder and saw he was getting into his car.

"SHIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!! I yelled and sprinted further. I was now toppling over various fences with a black car chasing me. Finally I was a good distance away form my home.

"MOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled in hopes that she would hear my voice. The car out of no where jerked right in front of me as I was fully sprinting. My eyes widened when I knew I couldn't stop myself, however I wasn't gonna let myself ram into the car. Building up the smallest bit of momentum I put my hands upward so it looked like I was going to do a flip and slide right over the car landing a few feet off from it and then I quickly turned to the direction of my home, left, my hip rammed into the car but I kept going.

My legs gave out on me as I crawled up the door step to get the door open as the man was sprinting in my direction. "OPPENN DAMMMIITTTT"

I yelled until finally it opened only to be shut immediately by a hand of an angry detective. I flinched slightly and then began to speedily launch myself into the cat door, successfully getting in up to my torso before a strong grip went on my ankles and began dragging me out they then threw me over their shoulder. My eyes were open shocked, I weighed about 140 pounds and this bozo picked me up like I was nothing! I looked at the door fear filling my eyes.

"MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, IM BEING KIDNAPPED" I sobbed before speaking in a muffled scared tone “I don't wanna die” only it being muffled and barely audible it sound like “I'm afraid of pie”.

I have no clue in hell what happened next, one moment I was tied in the back of a car, and the next I could have sworn I saw a unicorn fly past the car Window. Then I woke up in a castle.. mansion...thing..building.. mall. What ever the hell you called it.

I looked up, I was still tied but now in a comfy bed on the ground. Rolling my way to the ground where I catepillard my way toward the center, I attempted to do one of those moves in which a person lifts their feet and only uses them to stand up. But then i remembered. I was tied up, tightly. So my body was together like unsplit chopsticks.

I heard a knock at the door, then quickly crawled behind the door. It opened, barely missing my face. I looked past the door and saw the person in the center of the room looking for me. He then went to the bed and checked the blanket. Pff as if I could hide under them.

Silently crawling, I was now in the hallway, using my shoulders to move my body, more so I was doing the shimmy on the ground.

"Hey guys, _____ isn't in her room!" The male yelled.

Oh, fluff my llama.

I began shimmying like never before, my shoulders burning as I quickly made it to another corridor. I entered the first room to my left, happiness fled in me as I saw it was the kitchen, my eyes locating a knife stituated unsteadily on the edge of the table. Crawling under it I whipped my head against one of the tables legs successfully knocking the knife down just as a loud voice interrupted its sound from traveling.

"What do you mean she isn't in her room, We TIED her up!"

Stealthy grabbing the knife with my finger I began to cut the rope around my hand. Freeing both my hands I then got to work on my legs, then upper arms, until finally I was free. I shot a prayer to god thanking him then looked into the hallway. Empty.

I can escape!

{end chapter 1}

Yeah, I personally am quite satisfied with this, it is my first story and I hope i will at least get 20 reads. I shall update whenever I can/want to. and yes I hope you enjoy, And big Shout out to iiCloudz-x who gave me the idea of this while we were being geeks (role-playing)

Thank you Wattpaddies!