Chapter 1

Destiny Pov - 8:29 pm

"Des, can you go to the store for me? I want chips." My mom asked me from the living room.

"Momma you know imma get lost, we just moved here not long ago and I have a feeling I'm going to get lost." I said washing my hands off in the sink because I had just eaten chicken.

"Remember that little corner store we went to yesterday? It's not that far." She said.

"Fine." I said drying my hands off with a cloth.

I walked over to the living room and to the couch which she was sitting on. She handed me a 10 dollar bill.

"Anything else you want me to get?" I ask.

"Nah, you can spend the rest on yourself." She said looking back at the tv.

"Alright." I said putting on my shoes and grabbing a sweater from the rack before I exited the house.

This neighbourhood looks so ghetto. I walk down the side walk. It's pretty dark outside, ion see why my momma couldn't just drive to the store.
I cross the street and continue walking. This street is so dry, no cars are driving by or anything. The street lights are dim and the only thing I can hear are people yelling in the distance. I think I might've took a wrong turn because this neighbourhood looks extra ghetto. I continue walking hoping I'd find the store sooner or later. Just as I was crossing a street I got shoved behind a car by some... dude?

"Who the fuc-" I say trying to stand up but only for him to grab my arm pushing me back down.

"Keep the fuck quiet." He says crouching behind the car.

I ever so slightly get up to peek through the windows like he was.

"What are you looki-" I say only for him to cut me off again.

"Shh!" He whispers looking at me.

He furrowed his brows.
I look at his hand and he's holding a.. Draco. All of a sudden I hear a bunch of gun shots...tf?

"Tay, give me my fucking money!" I hear this man yell.

He backs away from the car and waves his hand at me towards him signaling me to follow him.

"I'm not going with you any-" I say getting cut off.

"Come or he'll shoot you." He whispers.

I furrow my brows and follow him.

"Once we reach the street light, run, but follow me." He says pointing at the street light near the end of the block.

"What if I can't keep u-"

"Just try okay?" I followed him as we moved from car to car heading towards the street light.

I'm not ready. Once we reached the street light he took off running as I followed behind him. The guy that was yelling shot at us, shooting bullets into cars and houses as we ran. We ran through a back alley and took a right turn running down a hill. A hill that led to a park. We ran through the park and across the street running towards a house.

"Come inside." He said grabbing the doorknob.

"How can I trust yo-" I said getting cut off.

"Get the fuck inside before you get shot!" He shouts.

I quickly shuffled inside revealing a bunch of guys doing drugs and counting money. It's so smokey in here. He locked the door and peeked through the curtain.

"Ight we good." He said throwing a bag of cocaine onto a table.

"Who's shorty?" Some guy on the couch asked.

"She was walking down a street and I seen Tyrone aim his gun at her so I shoved her behind a car and basically saved her life. Don't mean to toot my own horn bu- lemme shutup." He said putting his gun onto the same table as the cocaine.

"I-I need to go home." I stutter.

"It'd be best for you to stay here the nigh-" He said as I cut him off.

"No fucking way I'm staying in here with all these guys!" I shout at him.

He gives me a death stare.

"S-sorry." I say.

"It's either walk back home and get killed or stay the night and I'll take you home tomorrow morning." He said shrugging.

I stare at him for a second.

"I'll stay." I said crossing my arms.

"Ight." He said walking away from me and doing a handshake with one of the dudes.

"I'm out." The guy said getting up off of the chair.

"See you tomorrow." Tay said dapping him up.

The dude stands up off the couch and walks over to the front door where I am. He looks me up and down as he exits the house. There's me, Tay and two other guys in here.

"So...where am I going to sleep?" I ask.

"In my room. Don't get any ideas." He says taking off his coat and hanging it over a chair.

I pull out my phone, unlock it and go to message my momma.

Des: Momma I stopped at Keisha's house and I need to stay the night, she's going through some problems.

Momma💖: I wanted chips though

Des: I'll bring them to you tomorrow, I promise.

Momma💖: Fine, goodnight I love you.

Des: Goodnight and I love you too.

I put my phone into my back pocket and look up to see Tay standing there.

"You coming to sleep?" He asks.

I look behind him and notice all the lights off.

"Y-yea." I say.

He walks up the stairs as I follow him.
We walk into his room and he pulls off his shirt leaving him in his jeans. I close the door walking in.

I unzip my sweater and take it off.

"W-where can I put this?" I ask.

He points to a dresser as he gets into the bed.
I put my sweater onto the dresser and put my hair into a bun.
I look at myself in the mirror for a second.

"Well shit when you're done looking at yourself turn the lights off and get into this bed." He says sounding annoyed.

I furrow my brows.

I turn off the lights and get into the bed. We sleep facing opposite directions.

New book who dis 😏 I love me some Tay-K 🤙🏽👅