part 1

[Unedited]

We all have one thing we're ashamed of. The memory of one moment so embarrassing, we don't think we will ever get over it.

 A moment that still wakes us up at 4 am, sweating. 

My terrible moment happened because I was afraid. I was afraid because I lost the only true friend I had ever known. 

People do bad things out of fear. 

For me, good life ended when my mom died a few years back. Suddenly, dad married Natalie. 

They were living in dubai, and I was in boarding school in the middle of nowhere. A school where rugby was religion, where I was persecuted daily. 

"I mean, Legally, you guys shouldn't be able to force me to go to school. Legally, I'm basically an adult'' I said to my dad and Natalie in the car, while driving to boarding school.

''You're basically an adult, but you're actually sixteen.''
Natalie said.

Gosh I hate Natalie. And of course dad had to take her side too.

''Yes, sixteen is your actual age. Which is why the idea of us letting you drop out of school is absolutely absurd.''
he said.

Like I didn't know that. 

''So you're basically sending me to jail?'' I said. And of course Natalie had to respond again.

''But, even prisoners make an effort to fit in. They do jigsaws together, play ping pong with eachother.''

''Could you please listen to yourself for the briefest moments?'' I replied

''Excuse me?''

''Ned, conforming is a part of being a grown up, And letting you leave school early would be sending you to jail, in a way. Boy's who leave school at your age doom themselves to a life of sweeping up supermarket floors.'' My dad said.

I just didn't feel like a regular 'sixteen years old college guy'. I seemed to understand real adult problems way better then them. Like being gay, feminism, and all kinds of problems you can imagine. But all they understand is how to play rugby. Losers. And yet, I'm the 'crazy one'. 

Also, Dad was obsessed with the guys sweeping up the supermarket floors.

''...and then crime naturally. Natalie, Adam Quinn's boy, he was expelled from school last year, and now apparently, he is a bum in Paris.'' 

''No way really?''
I said

''Yes, reading his poetry on the metro for money, practically begging.  It's desperatly sad, so just think about that.''

A bum, in Paris! I would've loved that! But, was I bad enough to get expelled? This year would tell.

[ Authors note ]

Hey guys! Okay so almost this whole chapter is copied from the movie but I promise later on my own influences will take part! I just really love this scene of the movie and I thought I should definetely use it! I hope you guys like it. Let me know in the comments. 

Btw, this is Michael talking. Luke will be the rugby type. Idk it just fits him better.