How she came to be...

Hannibal as a child grew up with a magical influence, though it was poorly used on others, she promised she'd only use hers for good.

As she got older, she had a falling out with her mother because of the negative use of her magic, so she married a kind and caring man and had a child, whom she'd named Isabay.

When she thought all was well, it wasn't. A disease traveled from some far off place and took the lives of both her baby and her husband.

None of her spells would work because she didn't know what was killing them, and to make matters worse, she contracted the same illness, what with her being with them all the time.

Her mother having heard about this, dropped all she was doing and rushed to her daughter's side, a spell of her own ready to save her.

On her death bed, Hannibal was ready to die, she would be with her husband and baby again. But her mother wasn't going to let her go. Doing the spell, it saved Hannibal but at what cost?

Different and dangerous, Hannibal hated her mother for what she had done and left. Through out the years she learned to control the thirst that came with her transformation.

Though she still retained her ability to do magic, she found she could do more. Shapeshifting for one, into four different creatures, and then many sixth senses and kinetic abilities.

Though when she wished to be dead, she couldn't and after trying many times to kill herself, she decided to help others while figuring out the best way to feed and not hurt humans.

That's when she realized she could feed on animal blood, hunting usually in any of her animal forms kept her from being found out by local humans though they did try to hunt her when she was in her direwolf form.

In 1663, London England, she came across a young newborn, he seemed broken like he had nothing to live for and she saw herself in him. Helping him see that he can be what he is and not hurt anyone he became a bit more hopeful.

And that was all she could hope for, traveling again she went everywhere learning a thing or two as she went and when the 1800s rolled around she found herself in Italy. More accurately she was in Tuscany, Italy, or better described Volterra.

Where the Volturi lived. She had been roaming the town helping those she saw that needed it, it wasn't till she was seen by one of the undercover vampire guards that she was summoned to the Volturi.

Going so she didn't cause a fuss, she was greeted by the three leaders Aro the middle, Caius the youngest and Marcus, the oldest. The one that really greeted her was the young vampire she had saved two centuries earlier. Carlisle.

Two centuries there, Hannibal and Carlisle spent the whole time learning anything they could all while trying to keep to there usual 'vegetarian' food source. Hannibal didn't have very much problem but Aro kept insisting that Carlisle switch to human blood.

Not giving in Carlisle left to keep traveling and maybe to find a mate for himself, but before he left Hannibal told him if he ever needed her to come find her. Hannibal left a few years later to keep moving, Aro's constant pestering was getting to be too much even for Hannibal to handle.

When the new age century peeked, Hannibal decided to settle down in Dublin, Ireland. It was peaceful and relaxing, but she knew that he would eventually call her for help. So it didn't surprise her when she got a call on that Friday from Carlisle asking her for her help.

Smiling into the receiver she agreed and hung up to pack.