Gospel Notes

GOSPEL NOTES

Content

1.    JESUS AND THE WOMAN WITH THE ISSUE OF BLOOD

2.    JESUS AND ZACCHAEUS

3.    THE LOST SON

4.    THE LOST COIN

5.    JESUS CALMS A STORM

6.    THE TEN VIRGINS

7.    THE THINGS THAT MAKES A PERSON UNCLEAN

8.    THE RICH FOOL

9.    LEAVING ALL TO FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST

10. LEARNING EVANGELISM FROM JESUS

                                                    CHAPTER 1                

         JESUS AND THE WOMAN WITH THE ISSUE OF BLOOD

Texts: Mark 5: 24-34; Luke 8: 42b-48

“And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him. And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.” (Mark 5: 24-34 King James Version)

Such an elaborate scene doesn’t use to exist every time like that. People in their thousands were following a man wherever He may go. Though the streets be congested, yet, the atmosphere was radiant. These people thronging behind Him didn’t see any congestion as a challenge; their focuses were on Him; and they keep following Him wherever He goes. Who is this man? His name is Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Then all in a sudden of time, that radiant atmosphere seemed to change. Their initial countenances might soon change to a panic one. Someone has touched the master! Not in an ordinary way and manner, but in an extraordinary way and manner! The disciples might seem surprised when He said: “Who touched my clothes?” For they replied: “Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, who touched me?” (vs 30, 31)

This was no normal usual touch. It was such that, He felt power goes out of Him. Which means, among the huge crowd trooping behind Him, there is one who has an extraordinary faith in Him. Just His clothes, just the hem of His clothes, and I shall be healed. Someone who is frustrated of life. Someone who is frustrated in life. Someone who has gone there, gone here, and gone some other places, but sees no solution for her life problems. Someone who has heard about Jesus Christ, decided to follow Him wherever He might go, and decided to put her faith in Him as the only One who can help her; yes, as the Only Miraculous Healer. He was her last hope; other alternatives couldn’t help and work for her. Who is this toucher? “But Jesus kept looking round to see who had done it.” (5:32 Good News Translation)

Then here she comes, in a timid frame, and a tiny body. She came fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her. She was a woman with an issue of blood. A woman who spent all her money on doctors, but instead of getting better, she got worse all the times. She was a woman who needs help desperately, for she was considered an unclean outcast. She was a woman who has faith in the Master. She came and fell down before Him, and told Him all the truth. She was a woman who became healed by her faith!