1.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping loudly next to my face. My face was sore and wet from crying a lot last night as I sat up in bed looking out the window, It was cloudy with grey clouds looming above. I turned my alarm off and got dressed into some fresh clothes, They smelled like cigarette smoke and weed from last night. As I was getting dressed I was also mentally preparing myself for the discipline of the century from my mother of why I came home at 4 in the morning last night. I grabbed my black jacket and headed out of my room and into the living room where everything was....quiet. 

"Mom?" I called out as I opened up the door to her room, Only to find out that she wasn't in bed."Anybody home?" I headed to my sister's bedroom and their beds were empty. Like they haven't even slept in them. My alarm clock rang from my wrist watch and I was already running late for school and could not afford to run late again this week. 

"They must have gone to grandmas..." I sighed. "Yeah, Most definitely." 

                        As I began entering through the gate to the school people started to rush in and form a crowd around something in the middle of campus. I began to walk toward the crowd when I stopped to answer a text I had just received.

YOU HAVE GOT TO COME LOOK AT THIS!

I looked up to see my friend Ruzzel waving me down from the crowd and I quickly made my way to the front of the crowd where a tall glass rectangular room was smack in the center of campus. People were shocked and taking pictures and wondering what it was doing here, I couldn't really see inside due to some curtains on the inside blocking the view. I knocked on the glass and suddenly the curtains were abruptly pulled up showing everybody what was inside.

"M-Mom.." I choked out seeing her Inside stuck inside a metal cage with tape across her mouth and her hands tied. I spotted something behind her and quickly made my way to the back wall through the crowd and I spotted a panel no one has noticed and I pushed it, It opened. I entered without thinking and made my way to my mother and once I was by her side the panel closed shut trapping me inside with her as everybody watched in curiosity.

"Mom, What going on!" I said tearing up as I carefully ripped the tape off her lips and all she said to me when I did was one word. 

"Run!"

"Hello, Natasha." That voice was enough to make a chill go down my spine. "You have gone from a person who cared about family to someone who now leaves them behind for some one who has caused you nothing but pain." A sudden mechanical whirr began and a trap door opened up next to my mother's cage and another cage rose up containing Daniel, My ex-boyfriend.

"What The FUCK!" he cursed and once he saw me all I could see was fury in his eyes. "Did you do this bitch!"

"Daniel... What are you-" I choked when the loudspeaker sounded again.

"Before you is a contraption, You must pick a lever which will perforate your side with a metal rod long enough to raise one of the cages and have the other person die. Blood is thicker than water, Will you see that today or will you let your own blood die. Make your choice."

A timer ticked above us and I could see the crowds faces in horror for what was about to come, I was still in shock and I had 2 minutes to do this.

"You told me you loved me!" Daniel shouted. "Prove it to me now by saving me and ill give you what you have been begging for!"

"Natasha, Sweetie please don't listen to him!" My mom cried. "Think of your sisters! Your grandma!" I cried, I didn't know what to do. I loved Daniel so much and all I wanted was to be with him, but my mom. 

"I can't make this decision!" I screamed as the timer was counting down. I couldn't take this and just grabbed the lever that was to raise Daniels cage, But I didn't pull it. I saw some cops finally show up outside and they began to try and break down the glass that was bulletproof.

"You hurt me!" I cried gripping the level tight.

"It wasn't my intention Kitty!" Daniel begged. "Save me and we can be together again! Fuck your mom all she did was make your life hell!"

"You drove her crazy!" She yelled back. "You kept drugging my daughter and beating her! You don't deserve to live!"

"Stop!" I screamed and without realizing I pulled down both levers and two rods on either side of me swung down tearing through my sides as I screamed in pain as I could hear both cages being raised. I was cheating and I was paying the price for it, But I was saving both my mother and the one I loved. The rods finally were pulled out as I collapsed down to the pool of blood that formed around me. My mom was on the floor trying to stop the blood from my sides as cops had finally made a way inside cutting a hole through the panels.

"Daniel..." I sighed feeling so weak and in shock as I looked at my side to see my bloody skin torn apart from the rod. "Daniel-" I stopped as he came my way just to look at me and walk away from what had just happened. He kneeled down and leaned in toward me for what I thought was gonna be a kiss on my cheek but he neared my ear and whispered.

"Get the fuck away from me, Never come near me again. Got it!" He said and walked away.

"But Daniel...." I began sobbing. "I saved you.."