Eye Opener

I always thought of my dad as my biggest role model, but what kid doesn't? I thought he was strongest man alive, even after my mom died he still held it together to raise me. Though I've never met her while she was alive, she comes to me in dreams as a sort of spiritual guidance. My life has been pretty sweet for the past 23 years, even though I'm considered "different".

"Ezra, it's time to get your shit together! Your father did not raise a weak son nor did I birth one." My mother sat at the foot of my bed and scolded me.

"Says the Stockholm victim" I chuckled.

"Oh you think you're so funny huh? Ezra you still live with your father, you have no job, and you probably contracted an std from all of the dirty birdies you've slept with during this week alone." she grabbed my face like dad told me she used to do him.

"I understand that you're sort of my guardian angel but how can you tell me how to live my life when you don't even have one?" 

     She raised her hand and smacked me so hard I awoke from my dream. Dad was in the kitchen making breakfast and two other men were sitting in the kitchen with him. My mother was right but of course I wasn't going to admit it. After I showered I threw on my jacket and headed to my girlfriend Frankie's apartment. She was still sleep so I pulled the covers off of her pale bruised body. Her eyes fluttered open as she stretched and scratched her thick amber curls.

"Get up I want breakfast." 

   Her tiny frame rose from the bed and stalked into the kitchen to start cooking. I pulled a cigarette from my pocket and lit it before dragging out a long puff of smoke. My mother's words rang in my head continuously all morning, I couldn't shake it. Frankie slipped my plate in front of me just as my phone lit up. 

"Who is Jessica and why is she texting you."

"What does it matter to you?" I yelled and tossed the plate on the floor.

"What does it matter? What does it matter? You're pathetic!"

     I stood up from the table and pressed my cigarette to her arm as she screamed mercilessly. After grabbing a fist full of her hair I smashed her head into the table and stomped her body after she fell. I stopped when I felt fatigued and left her house, leaving her there to fend for herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys so this is the first chapter of the Ezra I hope you all enjoyed this chapter I know you Ezra isn't what y'all thought he would be but you know I couldn't make this book all sunshine and rainbows right? Please don't forget to...

VOTE

COMMENT

- JJ