The Flipside

"I'll be ready in a minute!" I shouted to my mom. Finally, the first day of music school had come and I was nothing but excited. I, Cori Banker, would finally have the opportunity to become a world renowned guitar player. After music school, of course. It had always been my dream to play songs on my guitar for a living, since that's all I ever did anyway.

   I touched my (oddly pale) hand against my mirror. It was covered in memories of my childhood. Lipstick stains from being a crazy teenager and smudged fingerprints from being an adventurous child. This may sound odd, but I took a moment to just lean against the mirror and soak in the memories. I could hear my mom calling me so I opened my eyes but what I saw was not my room. At least, I didn't think so.

   The sight around me was terrifying. A pale grey room with crumbling walls and barely transparent windows. It was all blurry, like a dream right before you wake up.

   "Hello??" I barely uttered out a whisper. The mirror was still supporting my weak body but it was all black. The reflection had simply disappeared.

   I lifted my body from the mirror and dragged myself to my bed. Well, what looked like my bed. Sitting on the stained, ripped grey blanket was a note.

  Dear Corina,

You have fallen through the mirror. Your whole family is in trouble and you need to save them. Do what you can to get back. NOW

   Love,

        Aim

   Aim? What kind of name is Aim? Thoughts were racing through my head. Wait, I fell through my mirror? WHAT?!?!?       

I will update as soon as I can, this was just a sneak peek. If you liked it don't forget to vote! :)

- Samantha