Endure and Survive

Chapter One

“I think I love you.” I mumble. His hand carressed my cheek as he smiled. He leaned and kissed me passionatley.

“Pussies!” I muttered, slamming the shitty book onto the dirty counter top. Some books are just so retarted. I bet some hormonal teenage wrote that book. It’s weird that thats  all they had to worry about. Boys? I wish that’s all I had to worry about. Things are a little more complicated nowadays.

“Ellie. Come on, we gotta leave.” Joel called from the next room.

“But, I’m just about to-“

“Now.” He inturrupted. Joel was always demaning but I copped on that something was up almost immedianly because of his tone of voice. I slid my knife from it’s holster and equipped it. I rushed to Joel’s side.

“Clickers?” I mouthed. Joel shook his head.

‘Shit! I hate people. They always end up screwing you over or fucking things up.. Well not Joel anyway.’ I thought.

I heard footsteps and silently snuck out into the kitchen which. Joel stayed hidden behind the tattered leather sofa in the living room. I took out my fully loaded pistol and aimed it. I peeked out from behind the kitchen door and saw a man that needed to shave badly place his gun to Joel’s head. I quickly reacted and crept up behind him.

“Who are you?” The man asked Joel. Joel grunted and stood up slowly.

“ Put down your weapons.” Beard instructed.

“I think you’re the one that should put down your weapons.” I said as I placed my gun to the back of the strangers neck.

“Look. We don’t-“

“Who’s we?” I ask cautiously.

“Him and me.” A southern voice answered. I looked to my right and saw a tall redneck pointing a crossbow at my skull.

“Oh, for fucksake.” I mumble under my breath, loud enough for Rick to hear.

“Okay. Everyone just lower their weapons.” Beard said. I sighed and lowered my gun. I didn’t really have any other choice. Soon after I put my gun away so did Redneck and Beard.

“ How many walkers have you killed?” Redneck asked us both.

“How the fuck are we supposed to know!” I shout. Why the hell would we count? That’s just retarted.

“Ellie.” Joel shushed me. “Too many.”

I sighed in frustration. I didn’t trust these people. For all we knew they could be just waiting for us to let our guard down and then murder us for our supplies. There are alot of people out there like that.

“How many people have you killed?” Beard questioned.

“Again, too many.” Joel replied.

Beard looked taken aback, “Why?”

“They tried to kill us. What else were we supposed to do? Let them?” I said annoyed.  Redneck didn’t look amused at my attitude.

“My name is Rick Grimes. And my friend here is Daryl Dixon.” Beard introduced himself and redneck.

“More like Daryl Dick.” I mutter. Daryl gritted his teeth and kept his mouth shut. I joined Joel’s side not wanting to get punched in the face.

"I'm Joel and this is Ellie." Joel told them. 

“ You can both come with us, providing you help out. We have fences, plently of food and beds to sleep in.” Rick informed us.

I had to admit, it sounded like a pretty sweet deal to me.

“Sure. That sounds good.” Joel said.