nostalgia

;;
2nd person/3rd person/1st person weirdness??

y/n walked around the library in hopes of finding a quiet place to study. you didn't know senior year would be this hard. schoolwork before school started. that was new.

for you, senior year was a weird topic to think about alone. it reminded you of your childhood bestfriend, rich goranski.

y/n and rich did everything together. from the ages of 3 to 14, then you moved. just a state away. but it was hard. your first year of highschool was spent without your bestfriend.

and y/n and rich were both very... nerdy. awkward. didn't fit in. but now you're back at your childhood hometown. and the first of school would be the first encounter with him in almost 4 years.

you felt your stomach tense. you didn't know what to expect. he must still have his lisp. his lisp made you happy. you didn't know if he would still be that awkward weird teen or a new, improved richard goranski.

;;

senior year was a mystery to you. in just 5 seconds you'd be walking down the loud, crowded hall filled with teenagers and sweat.

five, four, three, two, one.

and you're back. you looked around. it was fairly empty. you could hear the normal talks and lockers slamming but it wasn't loud.

you swallowed and walked down the hall. then you saw him. your childhood bestfriend, richard goranski.

he was small, with a tuff of red hair sitting in the middle of his head, you felt your hands getting sweaty.

"dont freak out." you whispered to yourself. "you changed he probably doesn't even recognize you."

you noticed everything about that moment. a taller boy had his arm wrapped around his shoulder and he was leaning into his chest. you figured they were dating. but, didn't jump to conclusions.

there was a boy with a thick red sweatshirt on standing next to a locker with another boy talking to him with curly short hair. they seemed to be part of the friendgroup.

rich and the mystery boy were talking to four girls while the other two boys were off with their own conversation. one had straight blonde hair and a yellow cardigan, the other girl had curly brown hair and a white jacket.

the other two girls were wearing hoodies, so you couldn't tell. but one of them was fairly short and the other was fairly tall and plump.

well, he looked very different, and looked actually popular which was like the 3rd dimension when it came to richard goranski.

he was not the same rich you knew, and it scared you.

you felt your body moving through the air, saw your converse walking over there. you didn't know how he would react, or if he would even recognize you. you've grown a couple inches.. you pretty much looked the same as you did in 8th grade but, less acne.

you walked up behind him, since he was at an angle. you took a deep breath and tapped on his shoulder.

your whole face and body heated up with embarrassment.

holy shit he doesn't know who i am and i just tapped on his shoulder and i'm so awkward what the hell was i thinking i'm so stupid. you thought all of that in approximately 2 seconds.

you were taken with surprise when his eyes lit up and he attacked you with the biggest bear-bro hug (y/n and rich's nickname for a reuniting hug, usually when you didn't see eachother for long periods at a time.)

everyone around him was confused, except for the blonde and brunette who were giggling chaotically. they probably just saw you or... something. and thought it was funny.

you weren't hugging back, you didn't realize this until he backed away. the taller boy was a little flushed, but you didn't focus on anything except that you were there, with your childhood bestfriend.

"um... y/n, this is jake." he said pointing to the taller boy. "brooke and chloe." he said pointing to the blonde and brunette and waved, well the blonde did, the brunette looked you up and down. if looks could kill, you were easily dead.

"christine, and jenna." he said pointing to the girls in the hoodies.

he turned back to you on his heel, "w-what are you doing here?"

"um- surprise? i moved. again. back, actually. obviously." you sputtered out words with cackles in between all of them. you could barely talk you were so excited.

"well, hell yeah its a surprise! oh right, the gays." he said when he noticed jeremy and michael.

"thats jeremy, and thats michael." their faces both flushed and they waved and smiled awkwardly before, you guessed jeremy was the smaller boy in blue, punched rich in the arm for calling them 'the gays.'

your face lit up as you faced back to rich after a slight wave. "y-you're so different! what happened?!" you said obviously sarcastically.

rich's mouth opened, and jeremy's face flushed to insanity. he looked like a dead snowman. michael grabbed his hand. chloe and brooke made slight, high pitched 'uhm's. jake grabbed rich's hand, too. jenna and christine just turned away and pretended like they had to go somewhere.

needless to say, you didn't ask again. "anyway-" you said, trying to change the subject. "do you want to go over our schedules, see any classes we have together?"

"u-uhm, yeah." he said, finally reassuring himself.

you were curious on what happened, but didn't want to question him so hard. you beamed a quick smile before realizing you still hadn't gone to actually get your schedule.

"i have to get my schedule... i'll see you at lunch.. or, whatever." you said awkwardly and ran off.

;;

the rest of the day, you spent the whole time with rich, not really knowing any of his friends yet, but, you had probably one of the best days of your life.

and yes,
you had all of your classes together.

;;

holy crap this sucked. if you want me to make a short part 2 , i will.

ALSO THIS IS SO SHORT BUT I NEEDED TO FINISH IT AH OMG. im
so
sorry
ashti

i made this for my friend ashton, but it took like forever to accomplish ah. im such a procrastinator.