Mitis Beginning

Waking up is normal, but I absolutely hate being force to wake up due to a stupid alarm clock. I regret buying it now, as it rings through my ears and down my very core. I groaned, reaching my hand from the warm covers and smacking the darn thing off the table. It smashed against the nearby wall, jolting me up.

I grumbled, but sat up and moved so my feet hit the floor with a small clutter. I reached over to my drawer and pulled out my trainer card, it had eight spots running across the bottom for stamping badge logos onto the card. My name was written at the top, it's Zora if you interested in finding out. I pushed myself up and smiled, today's the day I begin my Pokemon journey. I can't wait to obtain my starter and head out.

Soon enough, I was downstairs and out of the door. Suddenly, my childhood friend and neighbor ran over to me. "Zora, Zora! Professor is waiting for us, your parents want you to meet with them and then head to the lab. I'll be waiting for you!" he then ran off, in the direction of the Pokemon lab. That was Jake, he's my good friend and owns a Eevee from his parents. He wants to battle me after I obtain my starter.

Mitis Town, my birth-place and hometown, is a quaint little village in the mountains. We're not far from the location of the first gym in Silvent. But the fact is that Route 1 is right next to us, it's not safe from children to go out without Pokemon. So when we hit 10 years old, we are allowed a starter Pokemon and to be able to leave the town. Ya know, very few residents live here all the time and thus there is very few houses. Besides mine, there is 3 other houses.

But the distinct feature of Mitis Town is it's Archaeology Site, which is more secluded in the mountains. It's not the safest of locations to go, but it's boarded up and only some people can enter, like my parents and the professor. That's where mom and dad told me to meet them today, since they were researching the mines that connected to the town. I walked over to them, they were talking about something but I paid no attention.

They must have heard my foot steps, as they turned and smiled at me. Mom started talking, as if what she was speaking about prior didn't matter now. Oh well, I didn't care. I was more interested in what she said afterwards, which was. "You're 10 now, sweetie. Your journey begins the second you obtain your first Pokemon."

I grinned, excitedly. My journey was about to start, of course I was very excitable. It's completely normal, if you ask me. "Thanks, mom. I can't wait!"

Dad seemed to share in my happiness, as he smiled back. "Well, we should get going to the lab so you can begin. Shouldn't we?"

"Of course!"

My cheer made them began to move down the path back into the main center of the village and then they headed over to the lab, I followed behind. I just couldn't wait for my starter, it was going to be so fun. When I caught up at the lab, I saw Jake and my parents. But there was also someone else, our region's professor: Cypress. Next to him was a stack of 21 poke balls. Yes, in the Roria region, there's no set 3 starters. No, we can have one of the 21 starters from the other 7 regions.

I smiled, listening to Professor Cypress's rambling about being a Pokemon trainer and the bonds between human and Pokemon. It does bug me a little, I know what Pokemon are by now. Everyone does, even 5 year olds. I just wanted to choose my Pokemon and relief filled me when he told me to go ahead and choose. I looked at all the Pokemon I could choose from. Then one caught my eyes.

It was a little axolotl, standing on all fours. It had a massive fin on it's forehead, blue all over with adorable orange star-shaped gills on it's cheeks. It's tail fin was waving nervously as our eyes met one adorable. Awh, it's shy. I'm not gonna let it be scared of me. I gently reached over and petted it's head-fin, it seemed to let that as it smiled and moved into my fingers. I remember reading that Mudkips, yes I know what it is, have very sensitive head-fins that can be used to detect changes in the air and water currents as well as bodies of water.