One-Shot

Disclamer: D. Gray-Man belongs to Katsura Hoshino; this is a work of fanfiction, not for profit.

Theme song: Linkin Park - Blackbirds (RIP Chester, you will always be in our hearts.)

Watch out for the sudden flashbacks! Hope you enjoy!

~*~

I

Have you ever thought which one of your friends would cover you up if you ever committed a murder?

Which one?

Would it be the one who tends to ditch you for any girl?

Would it be the one who is a grumpy dude who counts every penny you owe him?

Would it be the one who cheats and manipulates in the slightest game because he is obsessed with victory?

Or maybe...

~*~  

Have you ever thought which one of your friends would cover you up if you ever committed a murder?

Honestly, neither did I, but that was until Alma came to us one day, his clothes covered in a blood that was obviously not his.

"Guys, I think I did something stupid..."

~*~  

2014/ 5.45 pm

It was a lazy day in which the gang decided to stay indoors and play video games.

Allen was sitting, a bottle of juice in his hands, watching Kanda and Lavi as they bickered while playing FIFA. Beer was served but Allen did not fancy liquor much, mainly because of his godfather's bad habits which die hard.

It was the first weekend that followed the end of their exams; eyes lost on the turning ceiling-fan of the room, Allen's mind wandered to the harmony and peace he was feeling at the moment. Never in his life had he thought that he would be blessed with friends who were ready to give up on everything for him. Having went through difficult middle school years induced with bulling, the white haired young man and his father decided to leave their past behind them and move elsewhere for a fresh start. His highschool debut in a new town was nothing like he expected it to be; despite the prestigious look and reputation of the Black Order highschool, it revealed to be a place full of delinquents and mentally instable people.

From a clumsy science teacher that blows up an entire building, to a sis-con headmaster who happened to be a robot-freak; from vampire-wannabe to a babe walking around with a monkey. And from ; however amongst that bizarre crowd, Allen found his own bizarre people: a samurai-looking hothead, a womanizer, a teddy-bear made by grandma and a smartass.

It was a fine day, in the company of his bestfriends, which was not going to be ruined.

Or so he thought.

None of them bothered to look up as the door was locked open and quietly closed; it was obviously Alma as no one but him and Kanda had the keys of the place, since they were roommates. However, when Alma did not loudly greet them as he usually did, all of them turned their gaze toward him, and what they saw was going to change their lives forever.

There, seeking support from the door frame, stood a blood covered Alma who was panting.

"Guys, I think I did something stupid..."