Chapter 1: Background Of A Future Thief

"If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote."

********************

She completed her first thievery at the tender age of six.

Of course, she had been too young to understand the concept of stealing at the time, but even if she had known it was wrong, that probably wouldn't have stopped her. That necklace had just been waiting for her on that near empty shelf, unwanted, untouched, unguarded. So she had just slid it in her little jacket pocket, and ran. This was at a small mom-and-pop store, so there was no security, and the cashier had been engrossed in some smutty novel.
She had got away with it.
Her second was when she was 8. Again, it was a necklace. But instead of cheap, costume jewelry, this one had real emeralds on a gold chain. She wasn't sure if it was a theft, exactly. She had been at her grandmother's, and grandma always gave her what she wanted. Yet she didn't bother to ask, as usual. No, she just took it.
For her first murder, she was also 8. Her parents had been on their way to a dinner date when they lost control of their car and plummeted into a lake. If only they had noticed their brake lines had been cut... And their little daughter had changed clothes after she had walked into the house, somehow covered in what looked like brake fluid.
Her very first hack was at eleven. It wasn't anything ground breaking. She has just inserted some code into an online game's server so she could have unlimited money and ammo. She taught herself, in fact. And she was a natural.
A few years later, she could have hacked into a government building if she had wanted to.
She had been 15.
Her second murder was at 16.
Her brother had aggravated her. Daniel had laughed at her for some petty reason, and she had lost it.
He was found dead with a kitchen knife sticking out of his chest and blood spattered along the walls.
And little Lizbeth Constance was missing. And so began her criminal career.