|1|

"Come on man. Now y'all doing this shit on porpous"Ezikel told the prison gaurd. They was moving slow as hell. "I give him six months to a year...Jones how long you think it will be until we see him again?"One guard asked another.

"Three months you know he's a hot one"officer Jones smirked.
"Y'all the biggest pussies I ever met"Ezekil spat walking past them after the pat down drill. You could hear loud chatter and banging from the cafetiria room.

Ezekil was a free man again. He vowed never to lose his freedom again. He been in and out prisons since he was fifteen. He had two sons that needed him.

Never was it in his agenda to get caught up. He was just living his day to day regular life then one day all his freedom was taken from him. Two long years....

Ka'nomi

"Emmanuel you got your shoes on?"I asked my son. Leave it to his ass not to be ready after I told him to have his shoes on.

He was only five so I didn't expect much out of him.
Knowing he was in the wrong he
Didn't bother to answer. He went and got his shoes.

I knew Elias had his shoes on and was ready to go.

"I'm ready mommy"Emmanuel came back. This time with shoes on his feet. I knew they were going to be excited to see Ezikel. I hated exposing my sons to prison at such a young age. I wanted them to remember their father. I wanted them to know that he loves them.

You could tell a young child anything but it goes in one ear and out the other. They have to be able to feel that he loves them.

Even though I left on a bad note with my baby daddy I wasn't no bitter bitch. I made sure he was straight. All those guys who claimed they was there for him... They wasn't down. Didn't none of his "bros"check up on his children. None of his bros put money on his books. They could give two fucks about him.

I hope Ezekil realizes what he got and who got his back.

I got pregnant at seventeen then again at eighteen. I thought shit was sweet. I got kicked out my parents house. Ezekil had just got his first apartment. He graduated from high school and at this time he was hot in the streets.

I remember he had just got put on. He was bringing in new money everyday. So I didn't mind. I was young and dumb.

I thought that shit was cute. Until the day the police raided his apartment. He had. Gun charges. They didn't find any of the drugs though.

Six months later he was released. I was due to have Emmanuel any day then after I had Elias it was the days after his second birthday when Ezekil was back in jail.

That left me having to care for two children by my self. Never was that in my agenda.

Cynthia his mother was having a welcome home party. I was looking forward to seeing the smile on my babies faces.

Ezekil

"Baby I hope that's your last time in there. You got children to care for. They need you more than anything you hear me?" She asked. I stared out the window at the grey gloomy sky. It looked like a sad ass day.

"Yeah I hear you. I'm gon do better for them."I assured her. My mom always stayed on my ass. I don't see how and I still fucked up.