Making The Dream Work

I had a state of mind and determination to make my senior year mean something. I had a mentality to make my parents proud of me for something because I didn't think they were. Other than that, my life was turning out for the better. I had a boyfriend that proved to be more dedicated to making "us" work than previous guys that destroyed my mentality and morals. This is why I needed to do better. I needed to make it up to my parents. 

My vocational teacher sat on the end of the table, with his feet in the chair. He had a paper in his hand. I was too busy kissing my boyfriend's hand to pay attention. "Jessica and Jeremy. " He said, giving us a look that said "stop".  He was talking about a competition like "Shark Tank" though. I knew that much because we did it last year around the same time. The only difference is I wanted to win. We basically had to come up with a business plan and pitch the idea to the judges.

I begged the teacher to let me have a group of five. Jeremy, my boyfriend, was our CFO (Chief Financial Officer ) because he is heavily skilled in math. Justen, my best friend, was our COO (Chief Operations Officer) because he was very organized, even though he is quiet. Mel'quan was our CDO (Chief director operator) because he is out going and demands attention. And Julio my right hand, why was our CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) because he gave us the idea of our business and knew exactly how we should go about doing it. Then there was I. Everyone voted me to be the CEO, (Chief Executive Officer) because they said I am like the "mother" and head of the group. Not sure if that was a compliment or not.

We came up with an Anti bullying organization. We went by the name of L.O.V.E which stands for "Lift Others, Value Everyone! " We made shirts that held our message, front, and back. My heart raced as we all gathered into the conference room in Tower Square. My teacher rested his hand on my shoulder and asked, "Are you ready Jessica?" And I remember shaking my head viciously. "No." was my answer. We skipped the lunch they gave us to practice, and right before it was our turn to go, we all held hands and prayed that no matter how good or bad we did, we kept our business going. We were selling shirts left and right for the most part.

We were all shaking when they were reading results for the middle schoolers. When they got to high school, "Third place, winning 150 dollars... " then, "Second place, winning 250 dollars..." our name still wasn't called. "First place winning 500 dollars... L.O.V.E" She pronounced every syllable. I was shaking and so was everyone else as we went up.I accomplished my goals and parents were ecstatic. We did it! 

 We did it!