The Wind Howls

Names (Cannon and non-cannonish)

Finland: Tino Vainamoinen

Sweden: Berwald Oxenstierna

Denmark: Mathias

Norway: Lukas Bondevik

Iceland: Emil Steilsson

  It was a warm, spring night. A small breeze blew, and the light of the full moon streamed down upon the winding path near a quiet woods. A boy by the name of Lukas walked down said path, carrying the salmon he had just purchased. He was excited, because he had been wanting to make a particular dish with this salmon, so he was in a hurry to get home. In his moment of carelessness, he didn't hear the twigs snap behind him.

  About halfway down the path, he felt like he was being watched. He tried to shrug it off, but his heart suddenly started beating faster... was he paranoid? No, that couldn't be it. His house wasn't to far away, so whatever he was feeling would vanish as soon as he stepped through the threshold of his door.

  Or so he thought.

  He was wrong.

  So very very wrong.

  With a quickness the human eye couldn't follow, something jumped out at Lukas. Before he could react, he felt a horrid sharpness in his side. He gasped out in surprise, the sharpness quickly turning into a fiery inferno of pain. He felt like he was going to be torn in half. Before he could get a glimpse of his attacker, he was dropped and fell to the ground with an unceremonious thud. He hissed in pain, turning his head.

  He saw that his attacker clearly wasn't human. But, it stood like a human. Except it had pointed ears, dark fur, muscles, and a tail. It took one look at him and ran off. Lukas couldn't comprehend what he saw. But he grew dizzy, the blood spilling from his wound. His consciousness soon faded, leaving him alone on the single dirt path.