i. flushed complexion [jihoon]

[ assume that this is during the filming of produce 101 ]

***

"Jihoon oppa~" I called him jokingly.

"Jihoonie~"  No response.

"Oppa" 

This time, I shook him and even pinched his arm.

He jolted upward. "Ouch!" then he leered at me. "What do you want?"

I looked at him carefully and said, "Why are you sleeping again? You didn't even do your assignment." I lectured him.

"I'm just tired." 

Well, that is an excuse. Although since the very beginning he's been sleeping at class, even before the filming of Produce 101. He rarely even study but he gets good enough grades. This time, I decided to annoy him a little-- to make him wake up.

"Well, I learned something new today!" I said cheerfully. "Look at me."

He looked at me with suspicion, his brows meeting in the middle. "Ah.. what is it again this time?" 

I readied my face for a much better reaction from him. I put my head down then slowly I held my chin up again and smiled like an idiot, and then...

"Ah.." He said. "Stop it."

I continued winking until my eye hurt. "Aren't I cute?"

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am"

He put his hands on his waist and pouted a little. "No." His face is red.

I accidentally squirmed in my mind. Why does he have to be this cute? I'm only teasing him though.. 

"You are getting red again, am I that intimidating?" I joked.

His brows met again but his eyes went a little drowsy. I wonder what's wrong. "No, I'm just a litt--" He was cut off by the school bell, announcing that it's once again our PE time.

I hate PE

but Jihoon likes it

"What did you say?" I asked

He grabbed his uniform and stood up. "Nothing, let's go?"

"Okay."

***

As we were walking to the court, some students stole glances to the pretty boy beside me. There were even some boys who winked at him, referencing what he did in their Pick me ending pose (like what I did to him earlier). Luckily, Jihoon smiles it out, though normally he would say to me that he wouldn't do aegyo again.

He held my shoulder after that, and he slowly leaned against me while we were walking. 

"Hey! I can't walk. Move away" I said.

"Just let me lean on you until we get there" He said in a surprising calm tone. "Okay?"

I suddenly felt hot and my stomach went all giggly. I just nodded my head.

After a while, we saw our teacher dribbling a ball in the center of the court. Ah.. Basketball

Again normally, Jihoon would be excited since this is his favorite sport and his favorite subject as well, but he suddenly raised his hand.

"Sir, can i go to the clinic?" He said in a rasped voice.

I looked at him and saw his face redder than ever. I touched his forehead. He's sick. All those signs he made earlier, I should've known.

Our teacher made him go since it is indeed evident in his appearance, and I am such an idiot for ignoring that. I guided him to the clinic which is luckily just near us. 

I drop him on the seat while waiting for the nurse. He felt hot and heavy. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you're not feeling well." I said.

"It's okay. I didn't want anyone to worry, especially you." 

gosh. why is it so hot?

"Oh, but still.. you should've told somebody" I said in embarrassment. Thankfully, the school nurse went in.

She checked his temperature and asked him to stay in for a while.

"Rest well, okay?" I smiled at him.

"Of course, don't worry." At that moment, he looked at me straight in the eye ..

and flicked my forehead.

"That's for teasing me earlier."

I was shocked, but laughed at the thought that he'll be fine. "Ouch." I acted as if my head burst. He laughed with me, and I felt assured. "I'll be going now! You'll be able to sleep peacefully here" I joked.

Then, as I was leaving,  he said,

"I was kidding earlier. You're cute."

***