22.

New story 'Aaron' out now! Please go and check it out :)

New story 'Aaron' out now! Please go and check it out :). (#3 of the Dark Series)

22.

          I was on cloud nine the next morning, even though my body was stiff as I woke up on the floor of Nick's studio.

Nick was snoring gently beside me as he slept in peace and serenity. He looked like a young boy as he slept and he looked trouble free. I loved sleepy Nick, he was always so adorable.

The things Nick said to me last night gave me every bit of hope that Nick felt the same way about me as I did him. We spent the night in the studio together, the lowly dimmed lights adding to the romance of the whole scene before us.

I woke up the happiest I had felt in a long time.

It was petrifying just how easily and how quickly I had fallen for Nick Abel, the play boy and the police officer from this small old village. It was maddening how much he had supposedly changed from before I came back until now. Even my father had noticed the change in him, even though he was still a little wary.

My father only wanted what was best for me.

I laid on the dark wooden oak, taking in the pictures around me. Even though most of them were so dark and depressing, I still felt at peace around them. It could have been because of the fact I knew Nick had drew them. Whatever it was, I liked it.

It was clear to see my man had a talent. I was so excited for his future, whatever he had, he was going to use it to make him the man he always wanted to be. I was proud of him regardless. The last five months I've known him, I just couldn't seem to not be.

Five months didn't even seem that long with Nick. And it was clear to see I had fallen very quickly for him. I wasn't going to put a time on anything though. I had fallen for him and it was as simple as that. I just hope he felt the same because he had every power to break my heart in two.

A loud knock on the door resonated around the studio room. Nick stirred beside me and grabbed me tighter in his arms.

I got out of his hold and heard him moan and groan as I did so. Without wanting to wake him properly, I went to the door and opened it, knowing it was only going to be Nick's mother.

Once I opened the door, Nick's mother was pacing the hall way. As soon as she heard me approaching, she turned to face me.

"Where is he?" She questioned. Her face was one of panic and worry.

"He's in his studio, he's fine." I soothed. I took her frail hand and she let me enclasp it with my own. Her eyes were red with unleashed tears and right now, I was able to feel for her. Empathy came over me like a wave.