Part One

The strange tall man handed us each a blindfold and commanded us to put them on. As we each obeyed his command we held hands as adrenaline rushed through our bodies and to our brains. We stood as the man opened the door and one by one we were pushed into the cold humid room. I knew I was the last to be shoved into the room. That's when I heard the sound of chains being slapped onto wrists and around bars. That is when I knew. They were on to us. They knew that we knew. And they were not letting us leave this room alive.

"If you think that anyone is going to escape, you're wrong. I'd like to see one of you even try to escape. You think you're so smart hacking into our system? Thought we wouldn't notice, did you? Ha, stupid kids these days," The strange man repeated as each one of us felt the cold tight chains cuffed around our wrists. I could hear Naomi mumble, "Ouch, that hurts!" And the stranger replying furiously, "Deal with it, Blondie." After we were all chained up the man left the room and I could hear the door lock after him. Voices rushed through the room commanding us to take of the worn out blindfolds. As we took of the blindfolds I caught a glimpse of a broad-shouldered bald man leaving the room and locking the door behind him. I knew who he was. Dave Hardman. He was the one I was investigating. I knew everything there was to know about him. Wife died in a plane crash, kids in a foster home, lives with his buddies on 72 Park Avenue right in front of the hardware store. I knew where he shopped, where he slept, what he did everyday and I kept record of it. I also knew that if I had said the right things at the right time, I could have him on his knees crying with regret and guilt slapped across his chubby, unshaven face. These people were not letting us go easily. Our group was known as the under vertigo. Nobody knew who we were and nobody had the power to know. They really did mess with the wrong people. It was just a matter of when they noticed it.

As the blindfolds fell to the ground we each looked around and observed the scene. There were bars everywhere. Lucy, Amy and Sasha were on one side. Me, Naomi and Blair were on the other. There wasn't much in this prison. There was just a bucket labeled "Toilet" in big black letters, a wooden worn out table with benches on each side and a desk with two missing drawers. As I tried to move towards the desk and the door, something stops me. I look back and realize that Naomi and I were chained together. To get out of here would need to look past our hacking skills. We would need to find a way out before the man came back. And we were going to. Failure was not an option.