Moonlight Ranch

Cicilia LeeAnn Weaver  was the great-great-granddaughter of William Kane Weaver and Lynnette Louise Stratford. She had spent her entire life living and working on the Moonlight Ranch. She always knew that one day, she would own Moonlight Ranch. The ranch was her great-great-grandparents' legacy. It was agreed upon, if only by word of mouth, that the ranch would always be kept in the family.

When Cicilia was eighteen, right after she graduated from high school, she left western Texas, where the family ranch was located, to attend Princeton University in hopes of becoming a powerful attorney. During her fourth year at Princeton, she received a letter from her brother informing her that she was needed back at Moonlight Ranch immediately.  Cicilia was hesitant about leaving Princeton, especially since when was six weeks from graduation and receiving her B.A. in law. Before she left for law school, Cicilia knew that her father's health was declining. During the Christmas holidays last year when she came back to Moonlight Ranch, she, along with her two older brothers and three sisters, were told that he had been diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a highly aggressive form of bone cancer.

Even though her father was very sick, Cicila and her siblings were told that he had at least a couple of years to live before the cancer took him out. But barely six months later, it was a shock that she had received a letter from home saying that she was to come back immediately. There were so many things that were running through her mind. She knew it had to do with her father's health. But she was hoping against hope that the letter didn't have to do with his death.

She had always hoped that she would have a family before her father's life ended. She knew that she was racing against time to be married and have children of her own before his death.