Chapter 1

"Brian! Sarah!" My father yelled up the stairs. The stairs whining under him as he made his way up.

"We are in Sarah's room, Daddy." My eight year old brother called to him. I set down the Barbie I was playing with. I stepped into the hallway to see what was going on.

"Honey, we are going to go see mom at work." Daddy bent down in front of me and gave me a hug. I wish I knew that was going to be one of the last times I would see him again. He got up and grabbed a red, white and blue metal saucer. I always wondered what it was but he would never tell me.

"Can I bring Benny?" I look to see Daddy stuffing something into his waistband.

"Yes sweety." I run back into my room to see Brian holding my stuffed sloth.

"Thought you would want Benny, Sis." He hands the sloth over to me and I hug it to my chest.

"Kids we need to move!" Daddy was now downstairs.

"Brian you are riding in the side car." I yell as I run down the stairs.

"We aren't riding to the motorcycle. Uncle Bucky is picking us up." I don't know why Daddy calls Bucky our uncle when we aren't even related.

"No, that means Alex is with him." I whine.

"Sarah, Alex is a good boy. I don't see why you don't like him." Daddy quickly looked outside and shut the blind by the door.

"Alex is the best." My brother has finally joined us.

"We are going to go outside and sit on the swing and keep our heads down." I looked at Brian, but just shrugged his shoulder.

"Dad why do we have to keep our heads down?" Brian asked.

"You two are to smart." Daddy completely avoided the question. We filled out onto the the porch.

We sat on the swing for a bit when a van pulled up into the drive way. "Where's the sport car?" Daddy walked over to Bucky who clicked a button to open the side door.

"The girlfriend took it to work." Bucky always has a new girlfriend but this one has stuck around for a while. I turn to look at Alex who was sitting in his seat.

"Sarah, Brian, get in the car we are going for a ride." Daddy climbs into the passenger side. I climb into the black seat and my brother takes the seat next to Alex. We speed out the drive way and head opposite of where mommy works.

"Daddy! We are going the wrong way!" I scream to the front. "I thought we were going to see mommy!"

"Man Steve did you have to raise your kid smart." Bucky's voice rang through the car but daddy's never did.

"Bucky!" My dad screamed right before a car slammed into us from behind.

"Daddy!" I screamed as I was thrown forward only to be jerked back by my seatbelt. Tear flowed down my face.

"Alex get back in your seat!" Someone yelled.

"Watch out!" The car was slammed into again. I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up to see Alex. He clicked my seat belt off so I wasn't pressed up against the seat. I wrap around him scared. "Do you have her Alex?" My daddy called back.

"Yes Mr. Rodgers." Alex never called my daddy by his first name. A car cut us off and Bucky took a sharp right. Alex and I flew in our seat.

"Bucky! Be careful we have kids!" Daddy screamed. He pulled out something from his waistband. He rolled down the window and stuck his hand out. I looked to see a gun in his hand. He used the mirror to aim before shooting. I head squealing before a crush.